Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > stolen worksheet    

stolen worksheet

Catarina_Marques
Portugal

stolen worksheet

Just for the record:

I think that this site so cool: we can share our work and use others when we don�t have time to do our own.

But some people are so obsessed in seeing if the worksheet is stolen from here or there, that sometimes sent the bad and unnecessary messages.

I guess this kind of situations should be done by the administrator of the site don�t you think?

I do my own worksheet but some people download work from sites and put them in this page to give access to those who don�t know other sites. It�s not right but I think that they do it unintentionally.

21 Jan 2009      

ignis.fatuus
Poland

I believe that people who download things from other websites or simply scan pages from books do it INTENTIONALLY to get more points which allow them downloading stuff without making any effort. I don�t think that�s the point of this site... I worked hard to prepare my worksheets and some people choose simplier way which is not fair. I don�t think that�s a good idea for the administartor to check all the worksheets. It�s just not possible to know all the resources. In each country we�ve got various pages and coursebooks and it�s impossible to know all of them.That�s why people report stealing (yes, it�s STEALING!). If you don�t allow your pupils to cheat on a test, don�t cheat yourself, otherwise you�re not the right person in the right place (I mean generally, not Catarina of course :)
Greetings from Poland and thank you all for hard work!

21 Jan 2009     

victor
Spain

I also think that most of them do it INTENTIONALLY. The rules are very clear (in the registration page, in the welcome email, in the uploading page...) And I think it is very important to avoid stolen worksheets in this website. Otherwise it wouldn�t be fair for those who work hard to make their contributions.
Everyday I review stolen contributions, but that would be impossible with the help of lots of users who report them.
On the other hand, I want to say that it is not necessary to fill the forum with messages on stolen worksheets. If you report them, telling me the link to the original one, that will be enough. The stolen contribution will be removed and the user will not get any point from it.

21 Jan 2009     

ignis.fatuus
Poland

Dear Victor, I think that it is necessary to post a message that a given ws is stolen next to it. In this way people who are against it won�t download the worksheet (i never do it and i�m sure that the majority of people ignore a stolen ws!).
greetings :)

21 Jan 2009     

victor
Spain

Yes, I agree with you.  I mean that it is not necessary to report them in the forum.

21 Jan 2009     

Mariethe House
France

Victor,

I think you have set yourself a phenomenal task by opening this site!!

What you have done is absolutely super! let�s not ruin it by stupid attitudes! The energy we

spend bickering is not spent in a positive way! what could we do to be more positive?

Maybe group dynamics( dynamite!) could be applied to this virtual group!

Best regards to you and congratulations for your work!

Mariethe

21 Jan 2009