Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New Year’s Resolutions.    

New Year’s Resolutions.

frenchfrog
France

New Year’s Resolutions.

Please, understand the �I� as a general �I�!!

WILL NOT

1.      I will not upload a printable that is not mine.

2.      I will not upload scanned pages of books.

3.      I will not upload a document that I found elsewhere on the net (UNLESS I bring some significant alterations, suggest interesting activities), especially when I can give the link FOR FREE on the message board.

4.      I will remember Victor�s words: �If you have a worksheet that you didn�t make yourself (borrowed from a colleague, for example) DON�T SEND IT. It might be taken from this or another website, and you would be banned from eslprintables.com�

5.      I will respect Victor�s initial goal, i.e. exchange ESL teaching resources. Again, I will remember Victor�s words: �We only accept ESL resources written in English language. A frame, a border or a single drawing is not an ESL resource. Remember that this website is not a clipart collection.� I will not upload a single picture UNLESS I give some nice suggestions about how to use it in ENGLISH.

WILL

1.      I will try to say �Thank you� as much as possible when I upload a worksheet because I have become aware of the time many members spend looking for relevant pictures, texts, etc. to illustrate their activities and also making the worksheet itself.

2.      I will be very careful when I upload a document: indeed, I will check whether I am the real author of the worksheet I am about to upload.

3.      I will double-check (triple-check!) when I report a printable as stolen. I will also check whether the author has his/her own blog (maybe this member also puts his / her worksheets on his / her blog).

4.      I will report stolen printables because it helps Victor maintain the site BUT I will do it in a very neutral way. Again, I will remember Victor�s formula: �It is a copy from � . Please, delete it.�

5.      I will always give the link to an interesting site I have found.

6.       If I have to leave parts in my mother tongue, I will write it in the description of my printable.

7.      I will help new members with some tips so that they can be part of this wonderful community as quickly as possible.

These are my feverish thoughts of the day!

Feel free to complete the list!

21 Jan 2009      

eng789
Israel

Finally,   someone besides Victor who gets to the point.

You�re terrific, frenchfrog

21 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Fever is doing wonderfully with you!!!! Congratulations for your wills.

But...
If we are going to continue giving examples, I�d rather talk about parents at my school. The principal usually calls all of them for meetings to talk about  the fees they don�t pay on time,  andtheir lack of regular follow-up of their children�s perfomance at school, etc, etc. But guess what? those who attend those meetings get very annoyed: they are not the case!!!! They always do what they are supposed to do. Those who do not abide are never present!!!

As one day Victor told me, we�re not sure that the people who should, really do read the notes and the posts.

I wish everybody cared about this topic instead of getting annoyed and read your New Year�s Resolutions and addopted them.

21 Jan 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, FRENCHFROGThumbs Up

Thank youThumbs Up

I WILL DO AS YOU DO Hug
The right way, respecting intellectual honesty.

21 Jan 2009     

pink4 (Virginia)
Uruguay

I absolutely agree with you Frenchfrog! Well said!

21 Jan 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Me too, frenchfrog.

Big hugs!!!!!! Smile

21 Jan 2009     

liverpuliana
Spain

And me. I don�t contribute very often and my worksheets are not great because I�m not very skilled with computers, but I never ever upload something which is not mine or advertise any of my worksheets in the forum. If people download them,good, it means I�m helping someone. If not, fair enough, I�ll try better next time. This is not a competition for me, I�m not desperate to get points, as other people seem to be. For me the whole idea behind this web, correct me if I�m wrong, is to help each other, because it�s great being a teacher and it�s great being able to share with other people.
That�s what I try to teach my own kids, aged 5 and 3. The importance of sharing without expecting anything back.
I said!

21 Jan 2009     

cely
Argentina

I completely agree with you! and as liverpuliana said i don�t contribute very often because Iam not good enough to make that such great worksheets I saw here! and also I only teach lower students.�
I love this site , I really want to keep it healthy and �share and help as much as I can.
kisses.

21 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I agree with you liverpuliana. let�s share and not compete to get points. We should be aware that in order to be a member of this site we have to contribute but only with our work. We take and give in return. We share.

I think that there�s no necessity to upload tons of any kind of worksheets just to get points. How many worksheets would people need for their everyday work???

21 Jan 2009     

spring
Turkey

Congrats Frenchfrog...
I am with youClap

21 Jan 2009