Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > EPIPHANY    

EPIPHANY

jannabanna
France

EPIPHANY

Today is Epiphany in France and we eat � Galettes des Rois �.  In each Galette there are two hidden charms.   One person cuts the cakes into slices and another says who each piece is for � so there is no cheating.  The two people who find the charms in their piece of cake become King and Queen.  These are mine � homemade, of course! 

6 Jan 2013      

mariannina
Italy

The recipe, pleeeeeeeeeease!
GrannyHug

6 Jan 2013     

Mariethe House
France

Wow! Janet! I am definitely coming to see you! Your galettes look delicious! Bravo!Thumbs Up

6 Jan 2013     

coyote.chus
Spain

We also have this tradition in Spain. We call it "Rosc�n de Reyes", the traditional one has nothing inside, but you can find them now filled with whipped cream or chocolate. There are two little surprises in it. One of them is a bean, if you find it you will have to pay for the "Rosc�n"; the other one is a little figure. If you find this one, you will be crowned king or queen.

Yours seem delicious!!!

6 Jan 2013     

memarta
Portugal

wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

6 Jan 2013     

alex076
Italy

Soooo yummy! Thumbs Up

6 Jan 2013     

yanogator
United States

In Cincinnati (and I think in the rest of the US), the King �s Cake is a tradition for Mardi Gras, rather than for Epiphany. I don �t know why.

Bruce

6 Jan 2013     

Urpi
Peru

Enriching our culture literacy!

6 Jan 2013     

orly100
Israel

I loveeeeeeee cakes!
Thank you for the interesting information.
 agree with Urpi and alex076... and everyone else....

Orly Thumbs Up

6 Jan 2013     

EstherLee76
Peru

I �ll take the slice with the charm, please.

6 Jan 2013     

perlittah
Tunisia

Happy Epiphany! At this point, it doesn �t matter where the charm is, what matters is the delicious piece of cake to eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Jan 2013     

1    2    Next >