Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Valentine īs Day    

Valentine īs Day

EstherLee76
Peru

Valentine īs Day

Hi,

I īm making my lesson plans for Valentine īs Day.  It īs the first time I am making a celebration like this since I started teaching.  I remember when I was in Primary school, Valentine īs day was a BIG DEAL.  You could get packets of inexpensive Valentine īs cards and have enough to give everyone in the class.  There were also heart-shaped and cinnamon candies.  I really enjoyed it and wanted to recreate something like that here.

Of course, down here, Valentine īs Day is mostly for couples and it īs summer and school is out, children mostly don īt celebrate it here.  I will have to come up with substitute refreshments, etc.  I am finding good ideas on the Internet.

My question is:  Are any of you doing a Valentine īs day cards exchange?  How do you manage that?

Thanks!
Esther

23 Jan 2013      

edrodmedina
United States

I teach in a self contained classroom so I have fixed number (21) of 7-9 yr. old  students. What we do in the primary grades is each student decorates a shoe box (hearts, lace that kind of stuff) and has to bring a card for each of the other students so that no one feels left out. You can have the students make their own cards like the one below but instead of a cake and a present they can glue on hearts, cupids and such. I like to glue the card on contrasting paper to make the card stand out. So for Christmas the outer card might be green and the inside red with a green Christmas tree or if I go with a Santa then the inside card would be green and the outer red. Ed

23 Jan 2013     

EstherLee76
Peru

That īs great, Ed!  I found this pop up card and Love goggles, along with lots of other cool stuff on http://www.makeandtakes.com/heart-healthy-exercise-game
But the logistics of passing out Valentine Cards was what I was worried about.  I like the shoe box idea.  I īm going to go with that. 

Thanks so much!
Esther

23 Jan 2013     

papadeli
Greece

Folding Craft Stick Valentine īs Day Card Craft.

Valentine īs Day Card Display

23 Jan 2013     

EstherLee76
Peru

Lovely!  Thank you Sofia!

23 Jan 2013