Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Postcards/crafts for people in Fukushima    

Postcards/crafts for people in Fukushima

Errie
Japan

Postcards/crafts for people in Fukushima

Hello,
I �m busy with a project for the people here in Fukushima. It would be great if you �re willing to send a postcard or craft so that I can hand this over to the victims. By doing this I want them to know that there are still people out there who are thinking about them and to give them the feeling that they are never alone. 

Fukushima is not in the news anymore, even here in Japan but the people are still suffering on a daily basis. Many still live in so called  � �temporary housing projects � � and have no clue what will happen in the future. In fact, there �s one very near from where I live. Many kids have lost their parents, sisters and brothers and live with other relatives. There �s hardly any emotional support for them.

I hope you or maybe your students are willing to send me something. A postcard with a message is enough but anything else will do it too of course.

Please send me a PM if you �re interested and I �ll give you my adress. Thnx in advance to everone who is willing to participate. You have no idea what this means for the people.
I �m planning to hand it over in the first week of March.

Errie

1 Feb 2013      

juliag
Japan

What a wonderful thing to do dear Errie. You �re right, even a few hours south in Nagano we hear very little about the situation in Fukushima these days. Living right by one of these �temporary housing projects � puts you in a great position to do something to show your support and solidarity for people who have lost, in many cases, everything. I think it �s a great project and my students and I will be really happy to  be able to do even a little something to show that we haven �t forgotten them or their suffering. I �m sure other teachers from around the world will feel the same, too.

Good luck with your projectThumbs Up and I �m hoping you get a great response from the teachers here.
Hugs

1 Feb 2013     

Errie
Japan

I �ve already got some PM �s. You know who you are and THNX so much!

Yes dear Julia, living right by these shelters plus the fact that we still have some radiation here although very very low, makes it that we are confronted with the disaster on a daily basis.

I also hope that others are willing to participate in sending something. This means a lot for the people here.

2 Feb 2013     

xochitsin
Mexico

Hello Errie!

I �ll ask my students to write some postcards for you! :) Anyway I �ll send some on my own :D

I �ll try to send them this week �cos I �m not sure how long the mail  takes  till there...

Have a nice day �n hope you receive a lot !

Xochitl

2 Feb 2013