Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD    

WOD

edrodmedina
United States

WOD

It is with great pride and false humility that I accept being chosen as the winner of the WOD. Thank you mohamedthabet. The new WOD is nummamorous. So please submit you amusing daffynitions. Remember mohamedthabet has promised that the next winner will not only get the extreme fatisfaction and prestiege that goes along with winning but will also win an all expenses paid cruise on  the luxury Carnival line with a month �s supply of quart sized plastic bags and a ten pack of toilet paper. Let the games continue. Ed

15 Feb 2013      

dutchboydvh
Singapore

A mammal with many breasts.
num = numerous
ous=posessing of
mam=mammary glands.

15 Feb 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

Someone who has a great, deep, and abiding love for eating.

num: variant of nom, a slang term used to mean eat happily
amorous: having loving feelings for someone or something.

In other words: me! With a few exceptions, I love food!

15 Feb 2013     

sarguero
Spain

numm = numb
amorous = related to sex and love

Nummamorous = Sexual position for lazy people. Good lovers like 69 but nummamorous addicted only can do a 0,69 

16 Feb 2013     

douglas
United States

The word refers to: Muppet Underroos

The muppet song: num ma ma mo (..do do do do do do) num maa ma mo

For those who don�t remember Underoos:

PS--Did you know there were even Daisy Duke Underoos?
 (Establishing good role models for our young children: "Gee mama when I grow up I wanna be a stripper." "I�m so proud of you honey, you gonna drive those boys crazy--now go light mama another cigarette.")

16 Feb 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@sarguero LOL

However, I �m afraid it �s rather less prosaic. It �s engaging in hankypanky when the alcohol has had a certain effect (also known as �a thrash �). 

Numm = numb and also, short for numerous, as in attempts.  

Nummamorous behaviour is rather contemptible, particularly for the over forties. 

16 Feb 2013     

douglas
United States

One of my first times on here on the weekend--does it always get so risque on the weekends?

16 Feb 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

Don �t blame me, Douglas; my answer is rated G! No, it isn �t always this risqu� on the weekend, but since Ed �s word contains "amor," people are going with it.

16 Feb 2013     

mohamedthabet
Tunisia

During the Industrial Revolution, which  took place in the late eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, many families were lured to cities to work in factories. Among these laborers were mothers who unfortunately, due to their lack of experience with urban life,  fell in love with some fellow male workers and  were tempted to commit acts of philandery and hence convicted and subjected to severe penalties. A group of males, husbands and sons, newly arrived to city sympathised with these mothers and established an organization  to raise funds and defend them in courts. They called their  organization NUMMAMOROUS  meaning � new urban males in defence of amorous mothers �

NUM= acronym for New Urban Males

MAMOROUS= blend of mam + amorous

16 Feb 2013