Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Wreck it ralph    

Wreck it ralph

mari_18cf
Brazil

Wreck it ralph

hey guys, this is the transcript of Wreck it ralph trailer; Can you help me understand the highlighted words?
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btB8tb8fLYM)

I �m gonna wreck it! Save us Felix!  I can fix it!  Closing time. Last game, everyone out.  My name �s Wreck-It Ralph. 30 years I �ve been doing this.  It �s starts to feel hard to love your job. when no one else seems to like you for doing it.  I �m gonna wreck it! It sure must be nice, being the good guy.  Nice share, Ralph. As fellow bad guys, we �ve all felt what you �re feeling.  I �m Zangief, I �m bad guy.  Hi Zangief. Ralph, you are bad guy. But this is does not mean you �re bad guy. Zombie. Bad guy. (all) Hi Zombie. Zangief saying, labels not make you happy. Good. Bad. Grrr. You must love you. I don �t wanna be the bad guy anymore.  Ralph abandoned his game. Where �s the wrecking guy?  Welcome to Game Central Station. Train for all game destinations now boarding.  Everything changes � now. Where �s Ralph? Stand by, my Q*bertese is a little rusty. [gibberish] Ralph �s gone to Hero �s Duty? Get out of this game, buddy! ♪ Yeah I got a brand new spirit, Speak it and it �s done ♪ Ralph? You �re game jumping? ♪ Talk like a winner, my chest to that sub G5 dealer, US to Taiwan ♪ (Silverman/Vanellope) What �s your name?Wreck-It Ralph. Why are your hands so freakishly big? I don �t know. Why are you so freakishly annoying? ♪ Good feeling, good feeling, I know you got the good feeling ♪ (Jane Lynch/Sergeant Calhoun) Alright ladies, the kitten whispers and tickle fights stop now! When did video games become so violent and scary? (Vanellope) Are you a hobo? Listen, I try to be nice, (V) I try to be nice (R) You �re mimicking me. (V) You �re mimicking me. (R) That is rude, and this conversation is over. 

27 Feb 2013      

mari_18cf
Brazil

The problem is "stand by" and "q*bertese" only.

27 Feb 2013     

Zora
Canada

Stand by means �wait �.

And Q*bertese - refers to a game in the 80 �s or 90 �s with a character called Q*bert. So it means his understanding of q*bertese (i.e. being able to understand or communicate withQbert) might not be perfect because he hasn �t used it in a while.

27 Feb 2013     

mari_18cf
Brazil

Thanks man!

27 Feb 2013