Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Such in a bad mood...    

Such in a bad mood...

frenchfrog
France

Please, don�t change the topic of the post!!

Oh Yes, Libertybelle, I DO mean WSs that only have a coloring image and not activities. The one that really drove me mad this morning is called �Chickens in a farm�

Angry

24 Jan 2009     

spring
Turkey

Maybe more people should send report messages to Victor.We become so accustomed to these stuff that we have started to ignore those worksheets.

Negletting these worksheets may sound like a solution,but it doesn�t work indeed.On the contrary they increase in number.

24 Jan 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Thank you, Spring! I totally agree with you. We should not simply overlook these printables. I report them as non ESL resources but I leave a message so that the member will know why his / her printable will be rejected. I think it is important to have several members write �This is not an ESL resource�.
I know I have probably passed as a b... doing this. I thought I was the only one doing this and was about to giving up the fight but today I have seen comments from Renca, Silvia, Ladybird... and they made me believe again! Thanks a lot, guys! Smile

24 Jan 2009     

Montypython
France

Same here! Angry

Many contributors spend so much time preparing amazing worksheets that it�s very annoying to see how some just try to gain points without doing anything...
It annoys me too... Angry
And we�re all terribly busy so it would be nice to spend less time looking for the actual esl printables...

Anyway, thanks to all of you who make this site so great (all the others!) Clap

Hugs frenchfrog & thanks for your fabulous ws & frogs!!!!!! Thumbs Up

24 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

Alienboy - You can always leave a spot on he ws that says translation and whoever is downloading your sheet can add her mother tongue words.  As long as it is explained in the ws description.

We have be careful here as to what age group we are working with and the use of mother tongue. 

There is no point in wasting paper printing up wss that don�t teach.  Even colouring pages have to have an obvious learning objective. 

I think Victor said something to that effect. 

24 Jan 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

While I agree that colouring definitely has its place for the younger learner, especially in developing not only creativity but pencil grip and fine motor skills I also agree that without some type of content or learning objective,(like vocabulary etc)  then I might as well google for what I want as there are literally THOUSANDS of colouring pages online to print off.

I too don�t see the point in uploading just a picture. I can enter in google "farm animals colouring pages" and will gets hundreds to choose from!
It has become harder over time to get through all the contributions most days.
Worksheets without any activities for the esl learner just need to be reported as not an esl resource. The only way this can be effective over time is by not downloading and reporting to the boss :-)

24 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Lets all report those items that do not comply with the standards that Victor has specified & supported.

As cheezels (& others) have said... there�s only one effective way to combat the inappropriate uploads & that�s by reporting them so Victor will know what to remove without having to look through everything himself (he needs a life too)

As Victor himself said (paraphrased)

if it doesn�t include some form of instruction in English, then it�s a colouring sheet & is not an ESL resource.
if it isn�t in English, then it�s not an appropriate upload (from the �send us a printable� page)

Have a good night everyone! I�m off to bed...

24 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2