Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Choral Speaking....anyone?    

Choral Speaking....anyone?

irawinj
Malaysia

Choral Speaking....anyone?

Choral speaking is really a phenomenon in Malaysia. Its a yearly competition from primary school level to secondary level. We have district, state and National level too. Does it happen in your part of the world?

These are photos taken of a choral speaking competition. I included a link to a youtube video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBaksiwcgZg. Have a look and tell me your opinion on it. Have a great day. Thanks.

19 Mar 2013      

alexcure
Poland

Hi Irawnij,

It �s very interesting, totally new for me....  Thank you for sharing and have a fantastic day!

Alex

19 Mar 2013     

libertybelle
United States

I don �t know what I think about that.
I �ve never seen it before, and as a musical choir conductor - It sounds like a form of rap.
What do you use it for?
It �s not really conversation.

19 Mar 2013     

irawinj
Malaysia

Libertybelle...Choral speaking is used for teaching English in interesting way. Its a teamwork all the way. Pupils will also learn how to pronounce words correctly and able to say sentences with expressions... They also have to be able to memorize the script given and gone through hours of training. There are many benefits in doing this especially for a ESL pupils. Thanks.

19 Mar 2013