Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Ideas to find a solution to problem behavior    

Ideas to find a solution to problem behavior

carinita
Argentina

Ideas to find a solution to problem behavior

I work with adolescents. While I was in one of my classes, student (let �s call him) C showed me a pen with a silver plastic cover (he owes that pen) and I saw the pen cover was damaged (had some cuts). C told me "student L" had done those cuts.
Apart to giving notice to other adults involved at school, I plan to ask student L to do some remedial action. What that remedial action would be? I tend to think that if I ask him to buy a new pen the answer will be "I don �t have money" So...perhaps I can ask him to "work" e.g. bring the duster and chalks every lesson...Check attendance... and by the end of the month as a retribution for his collaboration he would be receiving an undamaged pen that he will have to return to L What �s your opinion?
Should L also receive a material thing after doing well or not?
Please, speak your mind! Every idea counts Thanks!!

29 Mar 2013      

dmharg
Greece

I think you are taking it too far. Just have a word with student L IN PRIVATE. Or perhaps you should talk to both of them and find a way out :)

29 Mar 2013     

manonski (f)
Canada

First, check if the story is true. I �ve had students making false accusations.

If the story is true:
I would ask the culprit to come up with a way to replace the pen. If he brings money problems, ask him if he has other ideas. He could give a pen he already owns.

29 Mar 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

After making sure it was true, i �d go with natural concequences.  He must make it up to the other student.  Replace the pen, or do something to make up for it.

If he refuses do do this or has many excuses, then contact the parent. 

I think it � s good for children to learn responsibility and concequences for their actions.  Natural concequences first, then punishment.  He doing something for you is more of punishment.

Dar

29 Mar 2013     

carinita
Argentina

Got it Wink  Let�s wait and see what happens after I talk again with both students   

30 Mar 2013