Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Easter Word of the Day , March 31st - THE WINNER    

Easter Word of the Day , March 31st - THE WINNER

isa2
Austria

As everybody knows it is a lance (GER =  spear) that was only used in Germany (.de) on the river Main to spear a long extinct animal, the LE.

1 Apr 2013     

elderberrywine
Germany

How about some more ideas before the winner is chosen? 

2 Apr 2013     

elderberrywine
Germany

Ladies and gentlemen, thanks a lot for your entries.

AND THE WINNER IS ...... cunliffe

I liked your definition of a judge �s top drawer best. But all the other entries were very excellent, too.
The second entry tells you (by mistake) what the word legerdemain really means

Les, I would have liked to pronounce you the winner because , as usually, you impressed me with your lengthy, learned and witty definition.
But that would have been presumptuous and dishonest because, quite frankly, and this should remain a secret between you and me,  I DID NOT UNDERSTAND IT!
Very sad, but very true: I simply lack the brains to seize the meaning of what you wrote. You are way tooo clever for me and for about 69% of mankind.
My only consolation: there is room for improvement for me - and for that large part of mankind.

So I continue taking my hat off to you from the distance. Another little secret, between you and me: my right arm is showing a lot of wear due to this constant taking-off-the-hat-and-waving-it activity, I seriously consider using my left arm for a couple of days and hope you will not consider this to be a lack of respect.

3 Apr 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Tee hee! Excellent, elderberrywine!

3 Apr 2013     

< Previous   1    2