Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > funny lyrics    

funny lyrics

ivush
Czech Republic

funny lyrics

Hello, friends. Can you help me with some funny lyrics ideas? I mean, if you took the lyrics literally, it would be fun, e.g. this girl is on fire (Alicia Keys) Thank you for your help.

20 Apr 2013      

abitano
Argentina

I thought of "Sparks will Fly" by the Rolling Stones but maybe that �s not quite suitable for the class situation. 
Anyway, here �s a page I�ve just found which lists some metaphors in songs and includes a fun video.

Laura

20 Apr 2013     

ivush
Czech Republic

Thank you sooooo much! That �s exactly what I �ve been looking for :)

20 Apr 2013     

abitano
Argentina

You �re welcome! :)

20 Apr 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

Something really hilarious is to work with "literal Lyrics" there are endless amounts of these on youtube. The idea is simply, they sing what happens in the video, rather than the original lyrics. They are fabulous, and might be a great way to close a lesson..

You need to listen to the end since some of them are a bit too explicit. a fairly harmless one is  "you�re beautiful" by James blunt

A very litteral version of the promo for the video game Assassins Creed

and by the same crew, a literal version of the Harry Potter trailer:

21 Apr 2013     

abitano
Argentina

Wow! this sounds interesting! Thank you, Marion!

21 Apr 2013