Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Some Monday Thought    

Some Monday Thought

trelly
Argentina

Some Monday Thought

I guess most of us read the last 10 or 15 messages here in the forum. I�m not for or against any user of this wonderful site but I must say things have gone further than worse.

This is a free printables site, am I right? All of us registered here for free and we all knew that we had to upload some of our work to be able to download other teachers� work. There are not many sites like this one. In most cases, teachers have to pay to download printables of the quality of many here. Perhaps our worksheets are better.

But, as everywhere, we are not able to follow the rules or to be kind enough to other members. Now, if I�m not mistaken, 3 teachers will stop making contribultions, and it won�t be long to see that most of the greatest contributors to the site (I won�t name anyone here, because there are many wonderful worksheet creators here it won�t be fair to name just some) log out and never come back.

The problem with scanned or stolen printables is, at least, as old as the website. And leaving messages in the forum just encourages more teachers to do the same thing (I mean, scan books to upload the activities or upload other people�s work).

We don�t know each other rather than in our writing. The worse thing is reading nasty comments and thinking that those rude words can come out of the mouth of our children�s teachers.

The point here is, why did we join this site on the first place? To judge others? To insult people? To be judged as liars, ws-thieves? Or to share our work with other teachers of English? Are we  grown ups or teens out of a bad soap opera?

We have an opportunity to discuss educational topics here in the forum, but you know what? The best thing that could happen to ESLPrintables now is that Victor takes out the forum from the site. There would be no problems: no stolen worksheets� posts, no criticizing, no political propaganda, no worries.

I�m not a good writer, so, I�ll stop writing here.

Hope this soap opera ends soon ;-)

26 Jan 2009      

semisy
Turkey

I completely agree with you !!!

26 Jan 2009     

meuge
Argentina

A million thumbs up for you!!
Thumbs Up 

26 Jan 2009     

SusanBrown
Netherlands

I agree too..if people will be here all the time, just offending, complaining, accusing others to be ws thieves, being disrespectful to one another with bad comments or something like that so..I am afraid soon this web site will be PAID or the owner will end with it. So please people, Behave yourselves....Let the bugs out of this nice place...let�s try to shut our mouths about small things..and discussions without any sense... please stop to complaining and start sharing just good things concerned the ENGLISH LANGUAGE only...that is the matter here and the principal GOAL of this web site...wish you all a nice day! Let�s put more real <Love> for the others here...Might we?
xoxoxox suzy

26 Jan 2009     

claramvieira (F)
Portugal

I usually don�t write about this stuff, but you�re 100% right. I�m getting a little bit tired of reading so many complaints and accusations. This is not the goal of this wonderful place. Share our own material and have access to other people�s ideas and materials is wonderful... that�s why I joined it. I don�t upload many worksheets, but when I do I feel good about it because that�s what I do at school with my co-workers. And I�ve learnt so much with eslprintables� members... Hope everyone keeps on sharing great material. I�ll try to keep up with you...and learn, too!
Wish you all te best...!

26 Jan 2009     

spring
Turkey

Thumbs Up     Thumbs Up       Clap

26 Jan 2009     

irisha_dl
United Kingdom

I agree with you completely

26 Jan 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I first joined the site to share MY work with YOUR work but I have had the feeling lately that I am more and more sharing MY work with scanned pages, cliparts, frames, bookmarks, colouring sheets... I�ll be honest with you, it is becoming extremely hard for me to see these types of materials being uploaded here: you can find most of them elsewhere on the net, so eslprintables.com is in fact becoming a site like any other site, this is sad. My "creative fluid" is being sapped by all that is happening... I am not as motivated as I used to be a year ago. I am wondering if it is worth it after all... I can live without the site (how did I do before discovering the site?). I am not likely to upload anything in a near future. Maybe for St Patrick�s Day but I am not sure.

No frog, no smiley, nothing (I don�t feel like doing anything anymore)

26 Jan 2009     

cgato
Portugal

Hello!

I�ve logged in today and, at first, I didn�t understand anything of what was going on!!! I read the messages posted before and then I understood! (at least I think...) In my humble opinion, let�s share our work... teachers here are from different countries, with different resources, some are just beginers others are more experienced.. I learned some time ago (reading your posts) that in some countries there aren�t chalk boards! In my country there are almost NO white boards!Everyone uses chalk black boards! I believe that in some countries the resources are so little...
Victor has provided a mean to report stolen ws or  ws that don�t follow the rules of this site.. Let�s use them and not use the forum to criticize other members�s work. If we think other members� contributions shouldn�t be allowed here, we just don�t download them, report them and leave a comment!

Keep on the great work!
have a great week
Best wishes

26 Jan 2009     

cgato
Portugal

trelly Hug

26 Jan 2009     

trelly
Argentina

Frenchfrog, what you are saying is what made me write in the first place. It�s a shame that most people do not think before uploading certain materials here. As a big fan of your material, I understand your point, since it wouldn�t be fair for no one here to spend hours thinking, collecting materials and creating beautiful and really useful worksheets such as yours and being able to download just materials such as scanned pages, cliparts, frames, bookmarks, colouring sheets that can be found elsewhere.

26 Jan 2009     

1    2    Next >