Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > shocking poster in a school...    

shocking poster in a school...

ELOJOLIE274
France

shocking poster in a school...

have you seen this shocking video?
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/featured/prime-time/867432237001/inappropriate-teaching-in-toronto-schools/2360476813001
obviously I do not want to blame teachers in Canada as a whole but is this story true and how come teachers were able to put such a poster on their classroom �s wall and WHY? and why people (parents, other teachers, the school nurse, the cleaning staff...) didn �t say something earlier?
just want your opinion...

7 May 2013      

Zora
Canada

As a Canadian and with family in Canada, I know that this is not true in schools - in fact, they are referring to ONE �alternative � school called Delta Alternative.

Also Sun News is the Canadian equivalent of Fox News. It looks to shock and it is quite biased at times. I �d take with a grain of salt anything that they publish. And the one reporter is saying that it is not true of any school in mainstream education.

7 May 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

yes I had guessed that the reporter was very "right wing" (especially after his comments on home school)
and i questioned the veracity of his story (that �s why i said "is this story true"...) but still... in France we do have private schools but I could not imagine private schools putting such posters on classrooms � walls... and usually in private schools - since parents are paying quite a lot to put their children there - shouldn �t there be more control?

7 May 2013     

Zora
Canada

It �s not really a private school. It �s an �alternative � school. Canada does not have a lot of private schools. Alternative schools are allowed to do certain things or teach with new methods, etc that mainstream school don �t do or use.

This was a case of �principal not realising one of his teachers was off his rocker � or just not caring. Not a good excuse obviously but there you have it. Things like that could happen anywhere, obviously nobody really complained up until now. Who knows, maybe really �progressive � thinkers send their children to that school. I do not know.

7 May 2013     

pilarmham
Spain

�Strange � things happen quite often, I dare say. This is one of them, considering there is so much that can be taught in a classroom.

I am wondering though, why are we always outraged by sex issues when so many other brutalities leave us unaffected?  Ermm 

(I don �t think I made myself clear, I was referring to brutalites towards children around the world outside schools).

7 May 2013