Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > CAE exam    

CAE exam

cica27
Hungary

CAE exam

Dear Colleagues,

I have a student who �s interested in taking the CAE exam. Could you recommend good coursebooks or preparatory books which I can use please? The following books are easily available in Hungary, but I don �t know them.
Complete CAE ; Advanced Expert CAE; Objective CAE; Grammar and Vocabulary for CAE and CPE
Do you know any of them, or recommend anything else?

Thank you for your help! : )

Have a nice day!

Aniko

8 May 2013      

israel28
Chile

ready for cae is a good one, it has plenty of good explanations and examples of the type of excercises taken from the real exam. Also it has a coursebook very useful.

8 May 2013     

cica27
Hungary

Thank you!!! : )

8 May 2013     

GoingBacktoEngland
United Kingdom

All of them are quite good.

Regards

Fran 

8 May 2013     

cica27
Hungary

Thanks for your help! : )

8 May 2013     

Lovely Lana
Greece

I �d agree with Fran - all of them are good. At the moment I �m using New Trends (Burlington edition) and I like it a lot.

8 May 2013     

cica27
Hungary

Thank you. : )

8 May 2013     

Iciar
Spain

Hi:

When I did the exam myself (many moons ago), I prepare with some books that were brilliant. Hope they are still on the market, because the were by far the best books, if not, you might try second hand in Amazon. They prepare individually for every skill (every single exercise in every skill with tips, for example it is not the same skim reading than looking for details, it is not the same writing a report that a letter). I must say that I found them much more useful than the rest:

- CAE Listening and Speaking Skills - from Cambridge University Press.
- CAE Writing Skills - from Cambridge University Press.
- CAE Reading Skills- from Cambridge University Press.

For grammar, I like:
- Advanced grammar in use from Cambridge University press.

As for vocabulary:
- English vocabulary; advanced in use also from Cambridge University press. (there is an elementary version as well)

The last two I am positively sure that they are still on the market.

Hope this helps.

8 May 2013