Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Advice    

Advice

cgato
Portugal

Goodnesses, you don�t know me, but I really like to help people! My objective is to teach my students and I have learnt a lot by using this site. I respect Victor and I�m really thankful because he created this site! My husband says this site is an addiction because I love logging in  at least one time everyday! ( I think he getting jealousLOL)
For me this site is the best! There are really FANTASTIC TEACHERS here! I wouldn� change it or trade it or stop contributing !
I don�t understand what is the problem that other teachers posting  our worksheeets on other sites! After all the main goal isn�t SHARING!? I make an worksheet and I post here so that it can be useful to someone else (many of other teachers� worksheets have been so useful and hepful when I didn�t have time- because of some personal problems-to prepare my lessons)
I understand your loyalty to Victor. But  I feel the same loyalty! That doesn�t prevent me for sharing!

30 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear cgato.
It is not a question of loyalty but a question of fairness amongst members of this site.
If something is not allowed for some one so the least it should the same for some one else in the same conditions.
Victor doesn�t say we aren�t allowed to publish our WS on other sites. He says he has no objections but he ask us not to use this website to ask and promote WS for another website.
That is t say if someone needs some WS in his own site he has to ask their owners privately and personally.
Then, if some one want to promote his WS to be published in another site he should not use this site as a bridge.
This is what I understand from his message. And I think he is absolutely right and absolutely in his right.

30 Sep 2008     

donapeter
Romania

YOU CAN USE MY WS , TOO.

30 Sep 2008     

Zora
Canada

I�d just like to point out that Victoria wasn�t asking for people to contribute to her site. She was basically asking for permission to include some of the worksheets that she had downloaded in the past on her website, and if so, how to credit these people�s work.

The rest of us who posted here, me included, were just taking the opportunity to tell Victoria that if needed, she should feel free to help herself to our worksheets. It is as I have said before, I make up worksheets because I enjoy it and if others can benefit from my work, then I will happily allow them to use them.

30 Sep 2008     

cgato
Portugal

Goodnesses I agree with you when you say "he ask us not to use this website to ask and promote WS for another website." But how can other teacher ask us permission if they don�t logg in?? In the forum they can talk to everyone. (Some friends of mine think I� m a bit "utopic" and "naive" but I prefer to be this way and always (almost- not stupid Wink)assume that people don�t intend to hurt others! That�s my assumptiom until I feel I�m wrong! (That�s why I don�t forgive easily)!
I really understand your point of view!But I�m divided between sharing for - and only- educational purposes -and what you call fairness!
I give away all my worksheets to my fellow portuguese teachers ( not members of this site) just for friendship! If I need to do them(ws) why not share them???
Anyway, what you say makes sense!But sharing is, for me, the most important!
By the way thank you for your work! Mostly texts that I�ve used last year ( I apologise that I don�t always leave a comment- I try to but I�m always running out of time -a small daughter, ill parents and a husband)
Best WishesHug
PS: If you are from Algeria, which is mainly muslim, if you are muslim I wish you a good Ramadan!Are you a woman or a man?? You could add  F or M

30 Sep 2008     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Dear ESL Friends !

Thank you to All of You for Kind Support and Encouraging Words. Sorry for dragging you in this kind of Discussion today.

If I only could I�d ask each of You individually for allowing me put only some of your worksheets on my School Site.

I read the posts and discovered that Victor had asked us not to post these kind of posts about other sites.
                 Sorry, I didn�t pay attention. I just wanted to ask you for a way how can I give credit where credit is due.
          I also enjoy when others may benifit from my worksheets. It�s a great feeling being able to help a teacher!
                     Because I feel so proud to be a teacher. Being a member of this site is an inspiration  for   any teacher.
And I see that I�ve got lots of sencire friends here.

Hugs

30 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

First you add "M"
Then yes I am Muslim and thanks a lot for your wishes.
I never said that I am against sharing my WS on another site. As Victor said it is my WS and it is up to me to do what ever I like with it.
But all in all he is the owner of the site and if he does not like it to be used as a bridge for other sites it his absolute right.
We would not have had this discussion if the old forum still existed. At that time there was the private messages which we could use to send each other personal messages, ask each other permission privately about something or another, exchange ideas/words privately.
Since this doesn�t exist unfortunately, the only way now is by e-mail. If Victoria is interested in someone�s WS she can ask for his/her e-mail here in the forum or using a "comment" on the woksheet she is iterested in itself. then she can communicate with him/her directly.
This has at least 3 positive points.
1-she would respect Victor wish.
2-Get a personal permission that she could save as an evidence to avoid any future copyright conflict (these posts can disappear at any time and copyright issues are becoming more and more serious).
3-The owner of the WS can at least know which of his/her WS is being used, where and by whom.

Personally, I would be very happy to see my worksheets in other sites. But only via either a personal/direct request and permission or by directly uploading them myself to that site as I already did with 2 other sites.
I think this is the least we can concede to Victor

1 Oct 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Another idea,
why don�t we ask Victor to restore at least the "Member Profile" viewing. At least we can get the e-mail addresses from those who want to share them.

1 Oct 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

As has been pointed out on many occasions by contributors who make many more worksheets than me, this site is very much about sharing - and sharing for free.  If you think any of my worksheets are suitable then please feel free to use them.  I also very much concur with Victor�s request that this forum is not used for soliciting worksheets - I too miss the members profiles that we used to be able to look at.  This was extremely useful for me to find threads of past discussions and to contact individuals personally rather than have to do it through a public forum. 

I realise all these technical problems that we are asking our Lord and webmaster to provide were possibly the cause of the breakdown of the esl-discussions separate site - but the problem is we have all been spoiled and like small children, we want back what we had before.

Many thanks to all for contributing and making a teacher�s life that bit easier.

1 Oct 2008     

< Previous   1    2