Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Could anybody help me urgently???    

Could anybody help me urgently???

rafaella65
Italy

Could anybody help me urgently???

Hi everybody! I �m checking the activities for the 8th grade exam we are having on Saturday... We are having the Ss writing to friends according to given hints Which one is correct? - Tell your friend how the holiday is or Tell your friend how is the Holiday - Tell your friend how long you are staying or Tell your friend how long are you staying - Talk about the place where you ate or Talk about the place where did you eat we don �t completely agree! Thanks so much! rafaella

13 Jun 2013      

Theodo
Greece

The correct sentences are: Tell your friend how the holiday is. Tell your friend how long you are staying. Talk about the place where you ate. Because they are not direct questions(--> e.g. how long are you staying?) you must not use interrogative form(--> are you staying?) but affirmative (--> you are staying).

13 Jun 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Agree with Theo. Also - and  more natural to the English ear, �tell your friend what the holiday is like. � or �tell your friend about the holiday. � 

�Talk about where you ate out. �

13 Jun 2013     

rafaella65
Italy

Thanks so much Theo and cunliffe! Quick and clear...as usual! That was what I suggested ;) but to doubt is the first step on the right path... Cheers!

13 Jun 2013