Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD (Word of the day)    

WOD (Word of the day)

mohamedthabet
Tunisia

WOD (Word of the day)

Thanks Bruce for choosing my silly definition as winner.

Here �s the new word:     Perhendinancer.
I Hope it allows all participants to make their own definitions. These definitions can be  any siily, funny, odd, rediculous ones you can contrive; but in no way should they be  the real, correct ones you find in the dictionaries.
I �ll choose the winner on July 2nd.
Enjoy the game!

30 Jun 2013      

sarguero
Spain

Results of the survey "What �s your favourite Di?"

Per women: Di Caprio
Per football fans: Di Stefano
Per pizza lovers: Di mamma
Per disco lovers: DJ
Per hens: Di Nancer

30 Jun 2013     

elderberrywine
Germany

You all know that men, cocks, and other male animals sometimes have to make quite a song and dance about women, hen, and female animals in oder to gain their attention, their love, in order to shoo away rivals and ultimately in order to.... well, you know what I �m talking about.

Sometimes it �s not so easy for cocks to calculate the amount of song (DIN) and dance, crowing and what not is necessary PER HEN to reach their goal. But this has been made very easy by a mathematical formula which calculates down to a scratch with their feet or toss back of their heads the necessary amount.
It is called the per-hen-dinancer
Don �t ask me how it works, after all, I �m female and  not even a hen.
Mr. Elderberrywine has never made a song and dance around me, maybe I should have him enlightened ...

Sorry if you find my text ambiguous - I wasn�t the one who started talking about hens... only realzied the implications when I googled for a picture
Vollbild anzeigen

30 Jun 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

per: by means of hen: female chicken di: two nancy: magic -er: person So a perhendinancer is a person who uses two female chickens in order to perform magic, usually divination. Easy!

30 Jun 2013     

Iciar
Spain

It is the amount of money paid per person for a typical dinner with the exhibition of a professional erotic dancer (a male stripper) for  women who are celebrating that someone is about to marry (in their hen night).

@Sarguero: very funny!!!    LOL   Let me add one:

Per British people: Lady Di.

30 Jun 2013