Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption Contest July 3-?, 2013 (WINNER!)    

Caption Contest July 3-?, 2013 (WINNER!)

douglas
United States

Caption Contest July 3-?, 2013 (WINNER!)

Hi all,

As I prepare to trot-off into my weekend (only 2 more hours of class) I would like to thank all who participated in the Caption Contest.  I didn �t really know what to expect with the picture and I am really pleased with the results. 

Among others, Holmes and Watson helped set the period and the Bowie reference really pleased me.  In the end it came down to two I had trouble deciding between.  But I knew that if I chose Mariethe �s I would be accused of being a "typical man" that is easily swayed by some bare breasts (sex sells)--at a depper level I really liked the comparison she made.  So in order to shake the stereotype and honor the caption that made me and others laugh, the winner is...

FRENCHFROG!

The Amy Winehouse refeence fits the picture perfectly.

Congrats and thanks,
Douglas

5 Jul 2013