Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Dissatisfaction     

Dissatisfaction

spring
Turkey

Yeah you are right Cami
What I mean is exactly this.
Too much imitation makes us less creative.In here our aim first of all should be sharing and we should catch the different.
I have always send messages to the forum which say here is not contest area and recalled some members that our aim is not gaining points but sharing.
So what you are saying is true: " If I knew that they imitate for, and only for the benefit of their students I wouldn�t mind..."
I also do not approve imitations for gaining points.

29 Jan 2009     

claudiaeusebio
Brazil

Yes, Spring, I totally agree with you...
When I started using this site, I got amazed at the beauty and and excellence I found in the worksheets:) I wanted to download all of them... At first I did download many things and I honestly uploaded activities more willing to get than to give ... After a while, I could have my students� feedback and they just loved the worksheets I started bringing to class. They made compliments on my work ( WHich was not mine, really ) and I told them I was getting them from other teachers. That was when I felt the need to use the brain and artistic work of other teachers as a source of inspiration to improve my own. When I find something that I like nowadays, my look to it is different...I am not only  using it , I am learning how to become a better professional, to work with more quality and beauty. I am not talking about copying other teachers� materials, I just wanted to use the topic to tell you collegues how I feel about your great work and how influenced we can be by better professionals� work. Thank you very much you all and I am so proud of being part of this team :)Clap

29 Jan 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Dear, Cami,

I really do not get what you are complaining about. Are you dissatisfied that the topic of you ws was repeated, the layout was similar or the sentences were the same as yours. If  the last one you should inform Victor. If you talk about the topic, we teach similar things in our classes so may be someone realized (looking at your ws) that such tasks can be useful for others and decided to share. There are lots of ws on Continuous tense every day, but nobody complains
and they are always popular.
Talking about the points, at first you need them to download sth, but later...
Can one download 1000 wss or 2000wss? What for?

29 Jan 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

I am definitely with you silvanija   when you write I really do not get what you are complaining about".
All this does not make much sense to me and I would even add that sometimes I have the impression that some people complain simply for the sake of complaining....
I see nothing with having hundreds of worksheets on one topic, verb forms, giving directions, email writing or whatsoever...
It is rather a good sign: these repeated topics are treated differently, examined form different angles, which is far much better than having  one single worksheet....

29 Jan 2009     

cami30
Romania

Ok I thought I had made myself clear!�

I didn�t complain and even if i did, it was in relation to a previous comment of �some other member.�

He/she noticed that if one day someone places a certain type of worksheet that is successful , the following day �lots of similar worksheets are uploaded with the hope of having the same success!. That was my feeling and observation. It was not about me and my worksheets, but about ideas that are overtaken and used in order to get points.

if I offended anyone I apologize for misbehaving.

Maybe I failed with my "complaint". I hope I�ve made all clear now.�

29 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2