Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Yours"    

Yours"

Adel A
Egypt

Yours"

Last Wednesday, I was in my country Egypt and it  was  the last day of my  annual  vacation before traveling  back to the country  where  I  work . I wanted to  see  the peaceful  protesters  against  the military coup. On my way  to the activists location I was  shot by the Egyptian  police but I am still surviving with some injuries  in my  hand. Now, I am lying in the hospital  but my wound is stable. I ask you all to supplicate for me and my  country to restore democracy. I am writing to  you not from the political point of view but as colleagues. 

15 Aug 2013      

suzanne95212
United States

Praying for you and your country!

15 Aug 2013     

chahdouda
Tunisia

Dear Adel, 
  I am a Tunisian colleague.  I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart fpr giving me this chance to express my deepest condolences and sympathy with my people in great Egypt.
As for our killed brothers, I pray to Almighty God to accept them as martyrs. As for your wounds , I wish you quick recovery. 
Dear colleague, the entire world was shocked by the inhumanity, brutality and barbarism of the so called police and army. 
Dear Adel, amid this smell of death and treason, there is a spot of light that one day Egypt shall be free again, free from the dictatorship of the army, free from the satan Sissi and the like. My people in Egyplt have bewildered the entire world with this determination to have a brighter future. That �s why I assure you that this day is coming soon and that the tree of freedom, justice and dignity shall sprout and blossom in every corner of Egypt.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Tunisian Brother.

15 Aug 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

dear colleague,
all my thoughts are with you and your country... as I was saying tonight to my husband while we were watching the news war is only welcomed by those who benefit from it and those who don �t are victims, whether they want it or not... I do hope your country will find a peaceful solution to these endless "stupidities" (IMHO), take care!

15 Aug 2013     

Terri Lawson
New Zealand

Dear Adel,
I couldn �t express it any better than chahdouda - but I do want to say that we ache with you and your country. My prayers are with you and Egypt at this very difficult time.

15 Aug 2013     

pameladion24
Canada

I admire you and the people of Egypt for your courage it takes to stand up for your rights.
Be sure that when you gain the recognition you deserve the whole world will stand with you in celebration and share in remembing your struggle.  

15 Aug 2013     

Mariethe House
France

Feeling so sad for your country and the adorable and hospitable people I met there when I went 30 years ago.
Very sad to see so many innocent being injured or killed. I wish you courage and peace and  a quick return to democracy.

16 Aug 2013     

douglas
United States

I wish you a quick recovery and peace in your country.

16 Aug 2013     

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

Hope this nightmare comes, soon,  to an end  for your country. Wish a quick recovery for you and all the other injured ones. You �re making history right now...Democracy needs to bleed to bloom.

16 Aug 2013     

abo kerdan
Egypt

When you talk about your country where you have been brought up and educated you must tell the truth not to give an offensive and false point of view about your country, but I think you don �t feel its your real home.It �s shame to be an Egyptian! 

16 Aug 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I went to Egypt about 30 years ago, like Marieth� and it was wonderful. My boyfriend and I felt safe to walk anywhere by ourselves, even though we were in short sleeves and shorts, clothing suitable for the weather. We were treated extremely well. People were so kind and good-humoured. Democracy and freedom have many forms. Let �s hope your wonderful country and people find a way forward. I wish you a speedy recovery. 

17 Aug 2013