Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Sorry but it is only an idea    

Sorry but it is only an idea

looky
Thailand

Sorry but it is only an idea

I know this subject has gone on and on for a long time but here is an idea. If someone steals a worksheet and puts it on this site. How about the culprit paying for the crime by producing their own worksheet for FREE or be banned from the site? What do you think?

18 Aug 2013      

douglas
United States

It is impossible (and, IMHO, wrong) for us to force someone to do something. Sorry.

19 Aug 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Everything is up to Victor, isn �t it? We can �t make any rules. 

19 Aug 2013     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Too difficult, IMHO.  BTW I doubt someone who steals wss would be willing to share his own for free. 

19 Aug 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

I think current policy is 3 strikes, and you �re out. It is possible to make a mistake. I also believe that most people caught outright stealing something move on to easier marks.

19 Aug 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

3 strikes and out- is the optimum for the webmaster to manage, it also works for some people, bc they do come back with a different attitude. 
However, even the cancellation of the account doesn �t stop some cheaters from cheating. I �ve seen people going to the trouble of taking the content from other users and modifying the layout and still uploading it as their work, and then almosts right away after being banned they come back and register under a different username. 
In some forums repeat offender �s IP gets blocked and they are permantly banned from the page. But then again there are dynamic IP, e.i. they change every time you reboot... 
so 3 strikes and out would do, I guessWink
Sophia

19 Aug 2013     

looky
Thailand

douglas
United States

It is impossible (and, IMHO, wrong) for us to force someone to do something. Sorry.
Why be sorry Douglas it should not be impossible to ask someone not force. they are putting their copy on a good site and expecting something in return. I must differ with you buddy and stick to my original comment.

19 Aug 2013     

looky
Thailand

Oh by the way Douglas i must say your worksheets are first class and packed with interesting stuff.Clap

19 Aug 2013     

douglas
United States

@looky-Rereading your comment, I now see the "or" statement--I guess that would be possible, just more work for Victor (the 3 strikes rule pretty much runs automatically).  (thanks fo rthe compliment too)

20 Aug 2013     

looky
Thailand

No problem mate keep sending your fantastic stuff it is well appreciated by all. Have a good day.

20 Aug 2013