Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > vocabulary problem    

vocabulary problem

Doot
Canada

Most of our students leave the school grounds to either go home for lunch or buy lunch at MacDonalds or some other fast food restaurant. There is no specific name though for these students. 

30 Aug 2013     

flo84
France

This is very interesting and now I feel like starting a debate with my students about that topic. I imagine that if lunch break is 30 minutes that makes school day shorter than in France. May I ask now to you, nice ESL members, what time does school start and finish in your country ? Then I could ask my students if they would rather have a short lunch break and finish school earlier or stay the way it is in France.
Thank you and I wish you a nice weekend everyone, the last one before school starts on Monday for us French teachers. 

31 Aug 2013     

nathalie891
France

In Minnesota class started at 7:30 and ended at 2:00, with a short lunch break from 11:30 to noon (students had 5 classes in a day).
Have a nice weekend too

31 Aug 2013     

flo84
France

Thank you Nathalie . May I just ask how long is a class?

So I sum up what I need  for all the teachers who would like  to participate. I need to know the country of the school, what time school starts and finishes, how long is lunch break, how many classes there are in a usual day and how long  a class is. You may also tell me how long  a break is and how many breaks you & your students have  in a day. I will copy everything in a word document.

Teachers of any country can participate.

Thank you everyone

31 Aug 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

In England, it varies. However, most schools start between 8 and 9 a.m and finish between 2.50 and 4 p.m. The lunch breaks also vary - from about half an hour to an hour. A lot of schools have �split lunch times � so the canteen can cope with the numbers.

Our school starts at 8.20 and finishes at 2.55, Monday to Thursday. The morning break is twenty minutes and the lunch break is 35 minutes. 
On Friday, we finish at 12.20 because most students are Muslims and they go to the mosque on Friday afternoon. The morning break on Friday is 35 minutes and the canteen offers fish and chips, burger and chips, or chips. 

31 Aug 2013     

nathalie891
France

Each class was 55 min long with 5 minutes in between to go from one room to another.

31 Aug 2013     

< Previous   1    2