Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > another vocabulary query    

another vocabulary query

monder78
Poland

another vocabulary query

Hi there I have been looking for the word which means that signs and notices at the airport are obvious , clear to understand. Can we say that airport is labelled well just like a suitcase. Is there a similar verb to cover the meaning as regards the airport and other public places ? For you native speakers the question is a piece of cake so please answer my question.

12 Oct 2013      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Monder, not sure if there �s anything specific. I would just say, �It �s very clearly signposted. �

12 Oct 2013     

monder78
Poland

Yes, this is the phrase I �ve been looking for. Thanks again.

12 Oct 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

As an American, I �ve never heard signposted, although it �s not difficult to figure out. I would say the signs are clearly marked, myself.

12 Oct 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Actually, in the specific case of an airport, a more natural utterance would be �The information is very clearly displayed. � Maybe?

12 Oct 2013     

monder78
Poland

Thank you for your answers. Moody Moody I �ve come across marked in a dictionary but I haven �t been sure whether it is correct.I am glad you �ve decided to write the word. Now I can be 100 % sure that is safe to say that signs are clearly marked. Cunlife I really like your suggestion and I presume it �s BE.

12 Oct 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

Displayed works in American English too, Lynne.

12 Oct 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Signposted must be British - I use it constantly

12 Oct 2013