Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > WHAT DO YOU CALL A PERSON WHO...???    

WHAT DO YOU CALL A PERSON WHO...???

Jessisun
Argentina

WHAT DO YOU CALL A PERSON WHO...???

Hi!!!! I have a doubt as regards vocabulary. Yesterday in the adults class a question came up. They wanted to know what do you call a person who loves chasing famous people, to have picture with them, to get autographs from them... I said �a fan � but they wanted to know if there is another word instead of �fan � ...is there any other word??? Thanks in advance!!! Smile

23 Oct 2013      

coldseed
Hungary

�Celebrity hunter � is what I would use, though it is NOT an official word. Just my guess. So don �t take it for granted, please. Bye.Smile

23 Oct 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

Celebrity hunter isn �t bad, although I think I �d say celebrity chaser instead. If someone is obsessed with only one celebrity, the obsessed person is probably a stalker.

23 Oct 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

I �d call them a �rabid fan �, which is not far from being a stalker. FYI the use of rabid , as in having rabies... a virus which makes you among other things, very aggressive.

23 Oct 2013     

Daisee
Vietnam

Autograph seeker

Autograph Hunter

23 Oct 2013     

ironik
Australia

I think also "stalker" may apply if you are talking about a real obsession. "celebrity stalker", maybe.

24 Oct 2013     

titine69
France

a groupie(especially for women)?a follower?an enthusiast?

24 Oct 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

A groupie wants more than an autograph or a photo.... 

24 Oct 2013     

yanogator
United States

A fan is usually just of a singel person or group. Jessisun �s question seems to be about people who like to find any famous people. One official term is "autograph hound". I admit that I am one. I have the autographs of many famous stage and movie actors. One of my favorites is Claudette Colbert, who was very famous in the 20s, 30s and 40s.

Bruce

24 Oct 2013     

titine69
France

Lynne:In France,a groupie is a young girl who admires a singer or an actor and who attends all the concerts.There is no sexual connotation.

24 Oct 2013