Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOW! Thank-you TESOL France (and Montypython)    

WOW! Thank-you TESOL France (and Montypython)

douglas
United States

WOW! Thank-you TESOL France (and Montypython)

Hi All!

I just want to share with everybody what an awesome, inspiring  weekend I just had.  As you may recall, a few months ago MontyPython posted something about the TESOL France annual Colloquium.  I decided I would go--I had no idea what I was in for!

I flew into Paris on Friday morning, took the train into the city, checked into my hotel and headed off to meet Marie (MontyPython) at the venue. It was huge! There were about 300 ESL teachers from all over attending (and many were also presenting at) the conference that was 3 days of seminars, networking, learning, laughing, and basking in the pleasure of being among such a large group of ESL peers (I hope I �m not being too presumptuous-there were some very impressive people there).  

The range of seminars and talks we could choose from covered just about every aspect of ESL and the atmosphere was truly one of "peers".  Despite arriving home late last night and heading back to work early this morning, I am riding a high I haven�t had in quite a while. 

Saturday night�s Ceilidh (Gaelic singing and dancing) was a lot of fun too--they even got me, "Mr. Idon�tdance", to join the group dances.

I can �t thank TESOL France and especially Marie enough for the opportunity and inspiration. I highly suggest putting this on your calenders for next November.

<

OBTW: our "MontyPython" was also a presenter that received lots of accolades from many people including Rosa Aronson, the Executive Director of TESOL International.  Good job Montypython--your energy and enthusiasm are contagious.

Cheers,
Douglas 

25 Nov 2013      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Oh that �s marvellous! Thank you for sharing this. Any pics? I want to go next November, for sure. 

25 Nov 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Good for you, Douglas!
I wish it was that easy for Ukrainian teachersUnhappy We have to have a travel passport, a formal invitation and apply for and go to the embassy to obtain a visa.
Sophia

25 Nov 2013     

manonski (f)
Canada

Wow! It �s so nice to see this website opening doors and opportunities to other members.

Thank you Douglas for updating us! Glad you had a great experience.

Now... is there anyway we can see a video of Mr. I-don �t-dance? 

25 Nov 2013     

douglas
United States

>>Manon, I really hope there �s no video :)

>>Sophia, that�s too bad, I would love to see you there

>>Lyne, that would be awesome!  No pics yet, Marie said she will try to post some soon.

25 Nov 2013