Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Typical Scotish food    

Typical Scotish food

Jessisun
Argentina

Typical Scotish food

Hi!!! I need some help!!! Does anyone know typical easy to make Scottish dishes??? Does anyone know a Scottish s�ndwich? or any other dish will be more tan welcome!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

26 Nov 2013      

douglas
United States

How about Scottish Shortbread:

26 Nov 2013     

almaz
United Kingdom

One of my favourite Scottish desserts: cranachan

By the way, a sandwich in many parts of Scotland is often referred to as a �piece�, as in �a piece and cheese� (a cheese sandwich)

26 Nov 2013     

Dora Fernandes
Portugal

Haggis n�neeps is the national Scottish dish, I think. Have a look at any Scottish site about food. Hugs from Portugal.

26 Nov 2013     

mariec
Spain

Try these! Hope they help, www.scotlands-enchanting-kingdom.com/authentic-scottish-food... voices.yahoo.com/traditional-scottish-food-5509685.html

27 Nov 2013     

sarahanniball
Italy

mince and potatoes, haggis and neeps(turups) yummy!!!!!!!  If you want fish and chips in Scotland you ask for a fish supper. Also potaotes cakes and black pudding.

27 Nov 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

There are a couple of worksheets on Scottish New Year in today �s contributions: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=734802#thetop
and

(I didn �t make either of them, so this isn �t advertising.)

27 Nov 2013     

abumohamed
Tunisia

The Scottish broth :

Scotch broth is a filling soup, originating in Scotland but now obtainable worldwide. The principal ingredients are usually barley, stewing or braising cuts of lamb, mutton or beef, rootvegetables such as carrotsswedes or sometimes turnips and dried pulses (most often split peas and red lentils). Cabbage and leeks are often added shortly before serving to preserve their texture, colour and flavours. The proportions and ingredients vary according to the recipe or availability.Scotch broth has been sold ready-prepared in cans for many years.

27 Nov 2013