Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > GIFF pictures in Word are heavier??? How to resize?    

GIFF pictures in Word are heavier??? How to resize?

moravc
Czech Republic

GIFF pictures in Word are heavier??? How to resize?

Dear friends,
I have a strange problem: small giffs inserted to a table in Word became extremely heavy!
I used 15 giffs (15 kB-30 kB), but the Word document is suddenly 2,6 MB.

I have tried to format picture - compress - web-96dpi.
I have tried software NXPower.

What am I doing wrong? (Word 2002)
Is my Word ok? Is it normal - after inserting a picture, the document size grows rapidly? How can it be - 200kB pictures after inserting 2MB document???

Please help me, I have been trying to solve it for 2 hours... nothing helps...
Cry

3 Feb 2009      

moravc
Czech Republic

I have just tried one last thing:
I copied all the content of the document: CTRL+A
and I copied it (ctrl+C, ctrl+V) into a completely NEW document Word.
And guess what?

The size of the new document is 200 kB !
Miracle... Anybody know why?
Same content, same pictures, same background colour...
But after almost 3 hours of resizing, compressing, inserting new pics, downloading and guessing I have succeeded...  .... Oh, god, my comp doesn�t like me, I guess... LOLShocked

3 Feb 2009     

nikita2008
Argentina

WELL DONE!!!

I�ll try that next time!!Wink

3 Feb 2009     

freddie
Canada

i`ve heard somewhere that works! When I have that problem, I`ll try that! Thanks for the lesson!

3 Feb 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I posted a comment SOMEWHERE in one of the discussions about this... but here it is again about Word documents...

If you (heavily) edit a Word document that contains graphics Word will actually (generally) keep a lot of extra information that tracks all the changes that have gone on to make sure the correct images show up (I can provide a more technical description if anyone wants it).

By copying your edited worksheet & pasting it into a new document you essentially start THAT document with a �clean sheet� so there is less stuff for Word to track changes in.

That�s pretty much why the �cut & paste� thing may (but not always) reduce the size of a document.

Cheers

4 Feb 2009