Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > You discourage me from uploding powerpoints.    

You discourage me from uploding powerpoints.

gurbetyolcusu
Albania

You discourage me from uploding powerpoints.

I have really fear in sending powerpoints. On Google I write the pictures without copyrighted. For example, I had sent one powerpoint about reported speech and twice it has been rejected because of having copyrighted pictures. I have spent my time changing the pictures. But what I wonder is why some poeple complain about our Works?We are all here as English teachers to share our work ,aren �t we? So in this way you discourage us from sending powerpoints.

17 Jan 2014      

yanogator
United States

It seems that you don �t understand copyright. It is a legal statement that only the creater of something has the right to use it, and especially to distribute it. This site respects that, so creating works using other people �s copyrighted pictures is not permitted here. There are many pictures on the internet that are not copyrighted, so you are encouraged to find and use those. Yes, we are all here as English teachers to share our work, but not the work of others that we don �t have the legal right to share.

Bruce

17 Jan 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You cannot expect to receive only non-copyrighted images by just typing in "without copyright" in the google search box. By the way google always warns you (if you look close enough under the images) with the inscription "image maybe subject to copyright" thus putting all the responsibility for checking its terms of use solely on you. Please don �t make copyright issues personal. Times and times again people come to the forum and complain about their work being reported. Well, it wouldn �t be if everyone followed the rules in the first place. Why can �t you understand that breaching copyright is a legally persecuted action and it can harm the website. That is why the moderators MUST keep it clean. Thousands of teachers from around the globe depend on this website for resources. So my question, would you like YOUR contribution to be the reason for this site to be blocked for copyright issues? We have to act resposibly.

Now, what can be the solution to your problem? Use the websites with public domain images or those sites which specifically state in their terms of use that their images can be used for educational non-profit purposes and can be redistributed with the credit to the site.
The older forum posts have tons of links to such websites:
check here
or here
You really shouldn �t feel discouraged, just use the right images and everything will be fine.
Sophia

17 Jan 2014     

massplus
France

The point is that some document owners could have the website closed if too many complaints are filed.

Anyway, here �s a link with plenty of free to use pictures and photos:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000845.htm

17 Jan 2014     

gurbetyolcusu
Albania

Thanks a lot. I will be following your advices and should be more careful about choosing the pictures. I �m a new participant and of course when my works have been rejected a  few times, I got reallly upset and  had to send this post .

18 Jan 2014