Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Pen-Pal Project    

Pen-Pal Project

yaelbn
Israel

Pen-Pal Project

We are Galia and Yael, English teachers from Jerusalem, Israel.

We are starting a "Pen Pal Project" with our fifth grade pupils. Our 33 children have been learning English for the past three years. After studying about different continents, countries and languages, we teach how to write postcards and letters. For the next step we would like them to correspond. We are looking for teachers who would like to involve their pupils in such a project and exchange at least one or two letters (or postcards) by surface mail. If you are interested, please contact us at: [email protected]. We would love our children to initiate the process.

Hoping to get some positive responses! :)

30 Jan 2014      

gordana44
Croatia

I would be interested. I teach fifth grade pupils as well and they have been learning English for the past five years. We are from Croatia. 

30 Jan 2014     

rosangie
Colombia

hi! i am also interested in working together . I work with sixth grade children. they have an elementary level but they have the passion.

30 Jan 2014     

yaelbn
Israel

Hello Dear Colleagues from Columbia and Croatia,

What wonderful news!!

We also have pupils from sixth grade who would really love to correspond with children from all over the world! We are sure they will be delighted to do this project with you!
In order to begin and in order to make the connection between the children more personal, we ask you to send us a list of your pupils � names (and gender) so that our pupils will start to compose the first letter...
write us also your school address, so we will send you all the letters in one package.
Please send all the information to Yael �s email: [email protected]
One more important detail: if your pupils accept to work with us, it is important that we - as teachers - guide them and make sure that all of them answer. Unfortuanely, it happened in the past that our children put a tremenduous effort in writing a first letter and then some of them were disappointed because they got only a very short feedback or no letter or postcard at all....

Anyway, we are very excited to begin this project with you,

Galia and Yael

3 Feb 2014