Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Teaching beginners - language of SMS, blog, e-mail etc    

Teaching beginners - language of SMS, blog, e-mail etc

Jayho
Australia

Teaching beginners - language of SMS, blog, e-mail etc

Hi everyone

Here�s a new challenge for me this year: teaching reading & writing for the informal language of SMS, blog, e-mail, social media etc.

My target group: beginner middle aged female migrants (some will have survival English, some will have nil English.  They will be doing other R&W subjects with other teachers)

If you have any good links/ideas please send let me know (I�ve already seen the excellent resources here and will certainly be using them).

Thanks

Jayho

1 Feb 2014      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I hope you �ll find at least some of these links useful:) Some of them you can use as ideas or background info bc you will have to simplify for your beginners
The Mobile Native Blog

here�s what is available on texting  and emailing on the site

these have text as well as audio

resources from Buzzle.com

2 Feb 2014     

anitarobi
Croatia

Wow, Sophia, your generosity has no limits - you have just saved many people weeks of exploring! Thank you so much!

2 Feb 2014     

Jayho
Australia

Great links Sophia!Thx

Cheers

Jayho

3 Feb 2014