Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > English day camp idea īs    

English day camp idea īs

Dameon
Thailand

English day camp idea īs

Hi all,

i have been asked to do a English day camp for about 100 students (very basic level students - maybe 2-3 years learning but aged about 12-14) i have been told to make 4, 50 minute stations with different activities. i just wanted to know if you ladies and gents can offer some interesting but easy to set up game or activity ideas that i could use. oh yeah this is for Wednesday lol, nice long notice they have given me to set this up. 

thanks in advance.

3 Feb 2014      

spinney
United Kingdom

I īve been doing these things for a few years now. Get them into small, mixed level teams and then get them to write a list of 15 questions per team for a quiz. Another good one is "10 minutes movies" where they have to condense a well-known film into 10 minutes working once again in small teams, writing the scripts themselves while the teachers circulate and help. You can also use numerous bingo activities (animal picture bingo or opposite adjectives bingo depending on levels). If you PM me and give me your email I īll send you whatever may be useful and a list of activities.

To tell the truth, the camps are a tad stressful but a whole lot of fun. I always look forward to them!Wink

3 Feb 2014     

Lou2002
United Kingdom

I īve done a few of these too.  If you can get hold of 4/5 little whiteboards and pens, pop them into groups of 4.  Get one student up to the front at a time, give teams 4 options (you could write them on the board) eg. surfing, tennis, rock-climbing, dancing - or 4 different foods. Each team has to guess which they think is the student īs favourite and write it on their board. Get the student to whisper his answer to you to avoid him changing it to suit his team! Then 1,2,3 in the air! Students hold their answer board in the air.  Ask the student "what is your favourite?" and you keep score.  Change student each time. If level is higher make the options more original (ice-cream flavours, pizza toppings, career options etc...) With very young kids you can just use one flashcard and students have to guess if the one at the front of the class likes/doesn īt like it, using a happy or sad face. They love using the whiteboards so make sure they rotate who gets to write each time!  You can also use the moment when a new student comes to the front of the class to role-play a quiz show host revising the basics "What īs your name? Where are you from? How old are you etc..." preferably with a pretend microphone and silly tie!  Good luck with your camp!

3 Feb 2014     

Tannithlynne
Italy

take a look at the Ultimate camp resource site

3 Feb 2014     

Dameon
Thailand

Awesome thanks, Lou  that sounds like a great idea. easy to prepare and sounds fun. Spinney sent you a PM thanks. and Tannithlynne will check it out :) thanks you guys rock :)

3 Feb 2014