Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Have you got a play for 8 years-old-children?    

Have you got a play for 8 years-old-children?

Neda
Argentina

Have you got a play for 8 years-old-children?

I need to start working with a play, no matter the subject for kids aged 8, can you send me sthg? My e mail is [email protected]
THANKKKSSSSS

5 Feb 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

Why don�t you write one for yourself and put the language that the kids already know? As to the music, which is essential to a play, use the songs already covered in class. I write them myself, and would gladly send you one of the plays, but i�m planning on publishing them, so it wouldn�t be a good idea at the moment. I could give you some ideas, if you like ... Just send me a private message and tell me what exactly you need the play for (any particular occasion, etc.?)

5 Feb 2009     

Neda
Argentina

many thanks Ivona, i�ll send you a private message

5 Feb 2009     

penbwl
Japan

If you search for a lady called �Shelley Vernon� on Google, sha has quite cheap and reasonable e-books...

5 Feb 2009     

mariliamartinsribeiro
Brazil

ivona, when u publish your books, let me know ok? :)

5 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I find sketches are better for the younger classes.
They are shorter and give a more immediate feeling of success.

A whole play can be overwhelming.

There are lots of fun sketches on the net!

L

5 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Shelly Vernon (teachingenglishgames.com) is a good suggestion since she works with very small children. There is a play that can be downloaded for free, plus the music. I downloaded her 101 games and they are quite interesting. Though, not that appropriate for MY students who are a bit older.

As to the sketches, yes they are a better choice if they are to be done in class as a way of practising the new target language.

The plays i�ve written are either adaptations of already existing well known stories (spiced with lots of humour) or my own creation. They do not practise any specific language in particular. They are about 15-20 mins long, depending on the age for which they are intended. The songs are either the well known english songs or my own.
If you�re interested, i could send you a short clip of one of them being acted out in the state school where i work.

5 Feb 2009