Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ingles Grado Medio Mc Graw Hill- Vaugham    

Ingles Grado Medio Mc Graw Hill- Vaugham

mjpa
Spain

Ingles Grado Medio Mc Graw Hill- Vaugham

Dear friends:
Once again I need your help.
I�m working on a book which, apart from being totally new to me, I do not have. So I�m totally blind when it comes to prepare the lesson. That�s why I need your help since any material on it would be really appreciated. If anybody has the book scanned and could pass it to me, that would be great.
Thanks in advance.

12 Feb 2014      

David Lisgo
Japan

All active members are supposed to recognize the copyright of others. Very few authors of ESL materials make a lot of money and they certainly work hard for what they get, so why not search out a second-hand copy rather than asking for something that is considered unethical and illegal.

12 Feb 2014     

a2king
Vietnam

Second-hand copy? In my country, foreign books are extremely expensive. Moreover, we don �t have enough kinds of books that related to foreign language teaching. Therefore, the best way for us is that we have to download from internet the books that we need. I know it �s illegal when using scan copy without permission, but it seems to be an appropriate way for us to do.

I used to face with the problem that mjpa has today. One member from this forum helped me. I really appreciate that helping.

By the way, englishtips.org can work effectively when you want to download a book. There are a lot of useful books from that websites. Why don �t you try to visit it, mjpa? 

12 Feb 2014     

dmharg
Greece

You can find a lot of books to download for free on www.englishtips.org

13 Feb 2014     

mjpa
Spain

All that stuff about what�s legal or illegal is very good when it comes to theory, but in practise, i have about 50 students, each one with a different book. With my "tailor-made" method of teaching, if i had to buy from my own money all those books in order to prepare the lessons as i like to prepare them, i would be starving. That�s why i ask for help. I would need the book just to prepare the lessons from my student. Otherwise it�s like if i were totallly blind because i have no idea what she�s doing. I do not want the book to give it to her or for any other reason. That�s to say, i�m not going to buy it, and she already has her own. Moreover, i have asked for anything, any material, anything, not just the book itself.
Apart from that, thanks for the advise but i have already tried englishtips unsuccesfully. Anyway, most of the times the books i find there are american editions, totally different from the ones in my country  even though the title is the same.
Thanks again to all of you.

13 Feb 2014     

mjpa
Spain

Davidlisgo: photocopying is also illegal, at least in my country, and everybody, at least all the teachers i know - and i know a few- use them. 

13 Feb 2014     

Jayho
Australia

I am in the same situation as you.  I buy a lot of books but I simply can�t afford to buy them all. The major publishers� books are unfortunately very expensive.  I try to borrow copies from my local public library.  And my institution�s library will source copies for me as part of the inter-library loan scheme. In Australia we are legally allowed to photocopy 10% of a book.

I also e-mail the local university second hand bookshops for particular books that I am after.

I teach my students not to plagiarize or breach copyright and I would feel like a fraud if I then broke the rules.

I don�t know your situation but maybe you could consider other options available to you. Maybe you could also ask here if one of your Spanish colleagues knows of a second hand copy you could purchase cheaply.

You can also try here http://www.betterworldbooks.com.  I have bought some amazingly cheap second hand EFL books that are top dollar when new (e.g. I got Lecture Ready for $10!). And, postage worldwide is free!

Cheers

Jayho

13 Feb 2014     

yanogator
United States

mjpa,
Have you contacted McGraw-Hill to ask for an "examination copy" of the book? Here in the US, publishers give away copies of textbooks all the time, so they might do it internationally, too.

Bruce

13 Feb 2014     

alexcure
Poland

The same in Poland, you need to contact them and they will tell you what to do. I had to fill in a form where I had to inform the publisher about the number of the students I taught using their textbook, and sometimes the stamp of the school. They always sent me the full set, that is the textbook, students book, CDs and the test book. You �d better try!

13 Feb 2014     

mjpa
Spain

Yanogator, i have not contacted McGraw HIll but i�ve tried to do what you suggest in the past with other publishers and they only send books to teachers in state schools and i�m a private tutor. 

13 Feb 2014