Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > explanations    

explanations

maestralidia
Italy

explanations

dear collegues, I would like to know what �s wrong with my worksheets I uploaded Yesterday. this is one of the image I used with my ws and I added 2 activities: 1st describe the picture and 2nd write some sentences about the picture. the image isn �t stolen because it �s from my book. you can see at the ws eslprintables2014215713106246 I read the rules twice, but I don �t understand. can any body explain me what �s wrong? thks. Lidia

17 Feb 2014      

manonski (f)
Canada

When you say it �s from your book, do you mean you did the illustrations? Buying a book does not give you the rights to use the pictures. 

17 Feb 2014     

maestralidia
Italy

ok, now I understand. thank you manonski for the reply. bye.

17 Feb 2014     

maestralidia
Italy

ok, now I understand. thank you manonski for the reply. bye.

17 Feb 2014     

David Lisgo
Japan

Obviously, being from your book, it �s not stolen.
Personally, with the scant activities, I would consider it to be a flash card. I mean who just flashes flash cards? I always include activities with my own flash cards.
Perhaps you would be kind enough to add something, say some questions about it, like:
How many...?
What time...?
Where is/are...?

Just my opinion, since you asked.

Oh! I thought you meant your book as in you are the author!

17 Feb 2014     

alexcure
Poland

Lidia, it �s nice to write the sources of the pictures you use in your ws, the title of the book, the editor, date, page number or the name of it �s illustrator, in this way you are encouraging other teachers to use this book, it �s more like an advertisement than stealing. 

17 Feb 2014     

maestralidia
Italy

thank you everybody for your kind messages. I �ve understood my mistake. bye. Lidia

17 Feb 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hello dear Lidia, I reported your wss - there were two. They were pictures with invitations to write or speak about them, as I explained on the moderators � page. This does not count as esl exercises as I see it. Did you create these pictures? I was interested to know. I just wanted to clarify the rules - is it OK to upload lovely pictures without esl exercises, or is it not? I see the pictures and the points are still on your page, so I will not report pictures without exercises again. 

PS: is it this picture which has distorted the forum?

PPS: can anyone tell me: is it OK to use other members� pictures, whether they are taken from the internet or a text book, add exercises and upload them? 

17 Feb 2014     

maestralidia
Italy

dear Cunliffe, you �re always so kind. thanks for your explanation. bye

17 Feb 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I hope you mean that Lidia. In fact, I still think that a picture with two sentences saying speak about it and write about it is not within the spirit of the rules, so I will test it. Let �s see how I get on. 

17 Feb 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I hope you mean that Lidia. In fact, I still think that a picture with two sentences saying speak about it and write about it is not within the spirit of the rules, so I will test it. Let �s see how I get on. 

17 Feb 2014