Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > March 13th Name-It-Contest    

March 13th Name-It-Contest

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

March 13th Name-It-Contest

Hi folks. Here is today �s Name-It contest picture. Please don �t post the real (sensible) purpose of this. Let �s have the most far-out answers you can offer. I will post the URL for the website for this image after I choose a winner. Don �t know how long I should give you guys, so.... you have 2 days then I will choose. Good luck!

13 Mar 2014      

douglas
United States

"The Human Pin-Cushion"

13 Mar 2014     

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

A new kind of the plant appeared because of enviromental problems on the Earth . It �s " a metal dandelion of the desert �

13 Mar 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

It �s obviously a suctoglobe, a giant suction ball that can be catapulted and will stick to structures. I don �t remember who the artist was, unfortunately, but it �s a piece of massive art.

13 Mar 2014     

isa2
Austria

It �s the ultramodern  DESMIRBALL (desert + mirror ball) invented by Mary, Michael, Elliott and Gertie to send signals to E.T., thus replacing the old makeshift communicator you can see here:

Elliott wants to join E.T. - Happy end!

13 Mar 2014     

sarguero
Spain

It �s the stomach virus I �ve got for eating in a Mc Donalds.... Dead

13 Mar 2014     

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

@sarguero: hahahaha! great!

13 Mar 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It �s a super-solar generator. It absorbs the sun �s rays, (so it does need to be situated in the desert), internalises them and then a centrifugal force magnifies them a million fold. Subsequently an anticentrifugal force beams them round the world to be picked up by mini solar generators. You can see the potential.  At the moment, it �s just a prototype, but it �s due out soon. 

13 Mar 2014     

oumsalsabil
Algeria

An Unidentified Rolling Object used by aliens to efface their trails in the desert. It works by suction:  it sucks  the grains of sand through the many horny heads it has , as it rolls, and blow them on the side of trails.

13 Mar 2014     

lady-of-roses
Morocco

It �s a "monsterball" that is used in a game (like football) played by gigantic and monstrous  species that live hidden in the far deserts. 

13 Mar 2014     

florimago
Spain

I finally know where one of the balls of my Christmas tree is !!! The weather in this part of Spain was really awful last Christmas . I know I shouldn�t have put the tree outside in the garden ...just to show off ,you know . It has been missing since then .... Thanks for letting me know.

13 Mar 2014     

1    2    Next >