Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New Word of the Day    

New Word of the Day

anaram
Spain

New Word of the Day

I suppose I should say I�m glad my definition was chosen but the term �choose� implies a number of options and this is not the case.  As mine was the only definition, there was no competition but, for the sake of keeping it going, here�s a new word:

TUMBARUMBA.

Remember: no real definitions allowed.

15 Apr 2014      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

TUMBARUMBA

A party (rumba) where people drink spiritual drinks in order to dance all night long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN2_ydMMeG8

15 Apr 2014     

isa2
Austria

When people celebrate the death of a person (BTW: quite common in certain cultures), they dance rumba around the tomb.

15 Apr 2014     

florimago
Spain

Dancing Rumba can make you feel so tired , leaving you exhausted after a long try so the only thing you will long for is "tumbar " , that is, in Spanish, to rest for a while, lie on a bed, sofa.. That�s tumbarumba !!!

15 Apr 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

Tumbarumba is the latest offering from the iRobot Corporation. Their automated vacuum cleaner, the Roomba, has been popular for years. The newer Tumbarumba (from tumble Roomba) will actually vacuum from both the top and the bottom and will clean walls, ceilings, and furniture in addition to floors. If the starting price weren �t $2499.99 for the base model, I would consider getting one for my house. It certainly needs a thorough cleaning top to bottom!

15 Apr 2014     

Prese1
Portugal

Tumbarumba : tumbling and rumbling in a game of rugby

16 Apr 2014