Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Mix Questions Help me please    

Mix Questions Help me please

salamancateacher
United Kingdom

�British flag � is the best way to say it.

As a native British English speaker I and most people I know would actually say �Good luck in your exam �! or possibly �Good luck with your exam �... or even sometimes �Good luck for your exam � Big smile and I don �t think I �d say � Good luck on your exam �.

As for the answer to �do you like school �... you should say �Yes I do � (or just �Yes �). �Yes I like it � is okay...ish, but doesn �t sound as natural. Certainly not �Yes I like � as I hear quite a few students of mine say!

The best way to become fluent, from my experience is to go to a country where that language is spoken.. but if that �s not possible, follow the advice people have given above!!

Good luck Thumbs Up

11 Feb 2009     

Jayho
Australia

In Australia, where we tend to follow Standard British English (rather than Standard American English), we say:

1. The British flag or Britain�s flag, but we would usually say the former

2. Good luck with your exam (and sometimes good luck in your exam, but rarely would we say on your exam)

3. Yes I do (although Yes I like it is commonly used)

Good luck with your English.

11 Feb 2009     

douglas
United States

American English:  "Good luck on your exam." is (I think) most common.  "With" is also used quite often.  I have never heard "in your exam".

Otherwise I think I agree with Freddie on the rest.

Douglas

12 Feb 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

Hello,
I want to thank you all for your replies

I am happy of them because I learn more
and the conclusion is :

1- The British Flag
2- Good luch with / on
3- Yes I do

Thank you very much again