Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Why do people enjoy being Internet TROLLS?    

Why do people enjoy being Internet TROLLS?

isa2
Austria

Why do people enjoy being Internet TROLLS?

It is a kind of power rush or ego trip to be a troll. Being online is a place that is largely free of perceived consequences... an insecure person can get a sense of power online, without ever having to face someone directly. With the Internet being a world of imagination and fantasy for some, cowardly users can forge an alter ego for themselves, and act out their feelings of anger and inadequacy. It �s sad and unfortunate that our advanced communications also brings out the darker side of many people.

5 Aug 2014      

you_per7
Algeria

What if those spammers post insulting texts or pictures???
Shall we stay and wait???
I have already mentioned in a previous topic to have a new system to allow some trust_worthy members to delete such kind of topics + other suggestions....
All forums have such a system...... why not this website

5 Aug 2014     

you_per7
Algeria

Another suggestion:
I guess Victor can Identify spammers IP addresses... It will be easy to stop their access to this website ...... this system is used by Wikipedia against those who publish false information on its pages...

5 Aug 2014     

isa2
Austria

Good ideas, both of them!

5 Aug 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

May I make it plain that when I volunteered to be the web mistress, I was having a laugh. I thought the term was funny and made up by myself. However, I �ve googled it and my word! The term exists! I am a technophobe and in no way suitable for such a role. I did have a website once. My cousin set it up for me and my son uploaded stuff and sorted problems. I had one little job - to pay the server (or whatever it �s called). I delayed and prevaricated and eventually forgot all about it and I lost my site. Such a loss to the e-community. Wink

5 Aug 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

I agree that many forums have moderators in charge of removing comments from trolls but they �re also there to check the forum posts for any hateful comments etc... i don �t want to tell Victor what to do but i �m sure it would unburden him a lot to be able to rely on others to remove forum posts that do not belong on the forum... and maybe the trolls would stop coming on the forum if their stupid posts were removed quickly...

6 Aug 2014