Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Most romantic scene ever!    

Most romantic scene ever!

Nebal
Lebanon

I �m addicted to romances!!!
My best romance ( not romantic scene) is Moulin Rouge(2001) -- Starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor. 

It �s about a poet who falls for a beautiful courtesan, whom a jealous duke covets. The poet is played by McGregor, and the courtesan is played by Kidman in roles that both of them seem destined to play. Not only are they able to show off their acting talents as Satine and Christian, but they have to sing as well in this musical.  Moulin Rouge is one of those films that I am able to watch over and over again. The music in the film, especially the remake of the song Roxanne, soars the entire time, and the story is one that can hook any audience into watching it.
Quotes from the movie:
"The greatest thing, you �ll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return."

"Tell our story Christian, that way I �ll-I �ll always be with you."

14 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Hi Nebal
The quote: The greatest thing, you �ll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return.
is actually from an old, but wonderful song sung by the incredible Nat King Cole, called Nature Boy.
As far as I remember - the whole film uses older songs, none being made especially for the film.
But they did choose fabulous songs.
Thought you might like to know.

14 Feb 2009     

trelly
Argentina

I guess my favourite romantic scene is the last scene from The Notebook. As it is the very end of the movie, I can´t tell much about this scene or you will never watch it! The full story is filled with romantic quotes and phrases. I read the book when I was starting university and I guess 2 years later the movie came out, and I could see the story in the movie follows quite accurately the one on the book. What I really found interesting was that it was not like any other movie where the characters met, fall in love, something awkward happens and they live happily ever after.
My advice is try to get this movie and watch it since you will love it from the very beginning!

Happy Valentine´s for u all!

14 Feb 2009     

spring
Turkey

How about Autumn in New York??
I remember Richard Gere and Winona feeling a little bit cold in a park..
Suddenly Richard make the leaves on the ground move with his umbrella and those golden leaves fall on the lovers..

14 Feb 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Thanks Libertybelle for the additional information you supplied!!!
Hey Pinar!!! I like the same scene !!!!
WOwwwww!!!
What about " The Wedding Planner" starring Jennifer Lopez and Matthew McConaughey!!!
I adore the scene whenSteve rushes to city hall to try to stop Mary and Massimo �s wedding himself. With help from Massimo, Steve finds Mary and asks her to dance at the park where they first met and fell in love.

happy Valentine to you all,
Nebal
Special kisses to Pinar and Damielleta

14 Feb 2009     

spring
Turkey

Kisses to you too my dear Nebal..
Happy Valentine �s Day...
Eros is looking for you..
Be aroundLOL

14 Feb 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Kisses to you Nebal!!!! Follow Pinar �s advice!!!!

And thank you libertybelle for the tip!!!!!Wooow, It´s becoming too  here!!! I´ll turn on the fun!!!

14 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

There was a cartoon...

It always makes me laugh! LOL
I �m not supposed to do that ... I �ll remove it soon!

14 Feb 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

LOL!!!

Why aren �t you supposed to do that?

14 Feb 2009     

chorima
Spain

so good, Frenchfrog! please, answer Damielle �s question. I don�t understand why you need to remove it.

14 Feb 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >