Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Spanish     

Spanish

zvonka.rink
Slovenia

Spanish

Dear Spanish colleagues,

I �m writing because I have a Spanish receipt for a car rental with the expression on it saying DIFFERENCIA AS / FAVOR 300 EUR, which I don �t understand.

Can anyone please explain to me what this means. For your information I rented a car in Spain and I had to pay 300 eur deposit for insurance- now they won �t pay my money back.

I thank you so much for your help and I wish you a nice day.
Regards from Slovenia.

30 Sep 2014      

rosanaingles
Spain

Hi,

I suppose it is DIFERENCIA A FAVOR and it means they are going to pay your money back (300�).

Greetings from Spain

30 Sep 2014     

Zora
Canada

Differencia a favor - means basically that there is a difference in price that is owed to you. As Rosa pointed out, they should actually refund you back that money. If they don�t, I would take it up with the rental company or the insurance company that was used.

30 Sep 2014     

zvonka.rink
Slovenia

Thank you so much for your answers. It seems  they are really slow and I �ll have to ask my bank to interfere. This iste is really great sinece we all speak almost all the languages and can help each other. I wish somebody needed some help with Slovene. Wink

Thanx again.

30 Sep 2014