Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help needed!!    

Help needed!!

MaggieA
Romania

Help needed!!

Hello everyone!

Can you please suggest some topics I can teach in the middle school? I have a public class (8th grade) and I have no idea what topics would be interesting to them as I only teach kindergarten and primary school. I know these students are at that point where they cannot be impressed by jungle animals anyway....so every idea will be much appreciated

Thank you !!!

7 Nov 2014      

EstherLee76
Peru

These are some themes I �ve used ...

Natural disasters, Ancient cultures (Egypt Rome), Medieval Times, Sports, International Food, The Solar System/Space, Pets, Explorers, Pirates, The Beatles, Harry Potter, Endangered Animals ....

7 Nov 2014     

MaggieA
Romania

Thank youSmile

7 Nov 2014     

rita.b
Italy

Hi, I �ve been teaching 10-14 year-olds for 22 years and it �s difficult to keep in touch with their changing interests.
I suggest the following:
evergreens: relationships with friends (support, conflict, values, activities, what a good friend should be like) and parents (the same, plus rules, pocket money, the ideal parent...); the person they like best; music stars; lives/experiences of boys/girls their age living in other countries
more up-to-date: use of technology (the social media they know/use, the videogames they like etc.), possible dangers/rules to use the net safely, bullying (their experiences, what they suggest to stop it, what the experts say, etc.)

7 Nov 2014