Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > It ´s high time it was game time!    

It ´s high time it was game time!

Ivona
Serbia

It ´s high time it was game time!

I need two volunteers. Or two teams.
(Gz, i hope it works. I will write the rules now ... and post them.)

No one?? Don´t worry! I won´t send my laywer at ya! He´s rather busy anyway, hunting down Mariethe...

16 Feb 2009      

Zora
Canada

...Ohhh... pick me, pick me... pleeaseee!! *holds up her hand like an anxious 6 year old*

16 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Aaaaaah! And we have a volunteer! A brave one! Courageous! Daring! Any one to match her??

16 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Great! Here �s a brief description (which you can download some other time ... after i have uploaded it Wink)

The game is called Associations. It�s veeeery popular here in Serbian quiz shows.

What you do is associate words.

There are four columns A, B, C, D with four boxes each that you �open� (e.g. A4, B3, etc.) I give you the hidden word and you try to guess what the answer to the column is.

(e.g. A1 � blue, A2 � deep, A3 � horse, A4 � ship = the word common to each of them is SEA (blue SEA, deep SEA, SEA horse, a ship on the SEA)

The goal is then to associate the answers to all the four columns and get the final answer.

16 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

And here �s the table. The first volunteer was Zora, so i suggest she opens one of the boxes first. I will explain the rules as the game progresses.

A-1

B-1

C-1

D-1

A-2

B-2

C-2

D-2

A-3

B-3

C-3

D-3

A-4

B-4

C-4

D-4

ANSWER-A

ANSWER-B

ANSWER-C

ANSWER-D

FINAL ANSWER

Btw, do you already know the game????

16 Feb 2009     

Zora
Canada

I think I understand the gist of it, it �s like twenty questions...

okay, b-2 please...

16 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

A-1

B-1

C-1

D-1

A-2

minus

C-2

D-2

A-3

B-3

C-3

D-3

A-4

B-4

C-4

D-4

ANSWER-A

ANSWER-B

ANSWER-C

ANSWER-D

FINAL ANSWER

16 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Now, Zora, you have to give me the first association you have with the word. And then if you �re wrong, Silke opens another box (I suggest the B column) and tries to see what �s common for the two words.

16 Feb 2009     

Zora
Canada

Weather

16 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Wrong answer, but good thinking. Silke open a box.

16 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I suggest that you either open two boxes at a time, as this is very slow (you don �t refresh often, probably cos you �re multitasking Wink) So either of you can open a box. The idea is to just show you how it �s played.

16 Feb 2009     

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    Next >