Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > To the moderators    

To the moderators

shvat
Israel

Why would ppl try to scare off contributors?? Isn �t it "the more the merrier"/ I �m new but am totally enjoying the site.

11 Dec 2014     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Shvat,

nobody here is trying to scare the contributors off, these are just silly comments of a member whose ws has been removed for legal reasons. 
To explain: Some members sometimes  use parts or even whole exercises taken from ESL sites, use them in their wss and upload here. Of course these wss must be removed because this wonderful site could have problems about that. We had some cases here when the owners of the sites in questions were complaining about that. And that �s what happened to this member - his / her ws has been removed because it was copied from other ESL site. It is even written in the rules, but not everybody here reads them properly. And since then the member keeps moaning and accusing moderators and especially me (because I reported the ws and it has been removed) from scaring contributors off, reporting because we love it and so on. He/she still hasn �t get the point of this site, sharing, reporting and moderating (which really is not easy and sometimes it may be really time - consuming).

So if you make your wss yourself, there is no reason to be afraid of anything. 

I hope it is more clear now. :-)
Have a nice day, 
Michaela

11 Dec 2014     

Gi2gi
Georgia

11 Dec 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

When Michaela became a moderator
She didn �t know what fate would await her,
Slated, accused,
Ignored and abused,
She now needs something to sedate her
As she has been called a demotivator!
ANON WinkLOLShocked

Yay! The smileys are back!
Edit: I�m wasted on this site. When will I get recognition???

11 Dec 2014     

sarguero
Spain

All my support to the moderators

11 Dec 2014     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Thanks, Spidey. :-D
h. 

11 Dec 2014     

Gi2gi
Georgia

11 Dec 2014     

shvat
Israel

Thanks Michaela!!  Of course things have to be original, otherwise what �s the point of recycling things that are already found on sites.? And we put OUR names to it... I appreciate the time and effort you spend moderating!
Today I used a PPT from the site and even the weak pupil "got it" (question words)!

All the best,
Shvat 

11 Dec 2014     

sousou aicha
Tunisia

Dear colleagues,
When I wrote the topic, I wasn �t accusing the moderators of scaring contributors. Athough I feel so diappointed when I open the site to check my worksheet, I find a private message eto inform me that it was reported. I didn �t like the debate that took place between the members. It bacame a personal argument between them. I never used another member �s effort and uploaded it as mine.  

11 Dec 2014     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear sousou aicha,

sometimes it just happen that things go wrong, don �t worry. I have been a member here for a few years and you would be surprised what kind of debates go sometimes on. ;-)

As I said in my first comment, if you want to find the reason of removal, the only way is to contact Victor, the owner of this site, and ask him.
Or maybe you could send me the ws in question via e-mail and I �d have a look at it. If you are interested, send me a PM. :-)

Have a great time and cheer up,
Michaela

11 Dec 2014     

< Previous   1    2