Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Why should English be taught in rural schools? How are English and agricultural production connected?    

Why should English be taught in rural schools? How are English and agricultural production connected?

carinita
Argentina

Why should English be taught in rural schools? How are English and agricultural production connected?

Hi! Any ideas? Links that could help me answer these questions? I �m designing a new project. I would appreciate your help.

28 Jan 2015      

MarionG
Netherlands

Nowadays, a lot of technology and research goes into agriculture, from pest control, climate control, genetically modified crops, to world wide auctions...you name it. A farmer today is a businessman, who needs to stay informed on new developments to stay in business. Mastering English is a must if you want to be able to read up on, let alone employ, all the new advances made in the field of agriculture.

28 Jan 2015     

carinita
Argentina

28 Jan 2015     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I agree with all of Marion �s points.

In addition, some of the courses in agriculture in higher education are taught in English (foreign guest speakers are common). Therefore people being educated about agricultural theory and practices must be proficient in English in order to remain on the cutting edge in what is now a global murket.  Since English is the language of  international commerce, it is advisable  to acquire English in order to participate in international dealings such as export, commodities, etc.

29 Jan 2015