Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > A suggestion?! (Yes, this is a rerun!)    

A suggestion?! (Yes, this is a rerun!)

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, Zora
Canada

I say yay,
I say yay,
I say yay,

Yay, Yay, Yay

19 Feb 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Victor
 What about the second aspect of Zora �s suggestion , that of allowing only one or two worksheets to be uploaded each day?

19 Feb 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

I like the system of points as it is. I feel that older wss are not forgotten as I get about ten points for older ones each week. And I myself search in the older wss when I need sth.

19 Feb 2009     

Mariethe House
France

Quite a good idea Zora but I can see victor �s point as well. How can I compete with your worksheets and frenchfrog �s? (lol)
But, yes, it would be a good idea to be allowed only one upload a day.

19 Feb 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Just like mariethe, I �m divided. I can see your point and victor �s, and I can �t make up my mind.

There are indeed wonderful old worksheets in this site,  but the fact is that  they are there for us to search and we can get them with our own points. Those who have just registered will have to wait for a while until they are able to download them, but I don �t think that poses a problem because as we can read when we register "the more we contribute, the more we can get."

Then I looked at the number of worksheets uploaded -  136036. Even if victor rotated 100 of the old contributions per day, it would take more than 3 years until we could see them all. But do we really want to see them all? If not, what would  be the criteria to select the old worksheets? For example, there are thousands of members that have not contributed for ages. Will their old worksheets be rotated too? Not according to victor �s principle - the more we contribute, the more we can get."

As I understand it, to get the old contributions rotating we would have to cut in the new ones because we �re having a hard time as it is to go through the contributions of the day (I don �t have time to see them all.). Would it be appropriate to restrict the number of contributions per day (one contribution) for something that we can easily have if we use our points? They aren �t useful for anything else.

Some seem to think that this would be the solution for many of eslprintables � problems.   
By restricting the number of uploads to one per day,  contributors would
   -  upload longer worksheets
   -  improve the quality of the worksheets
   -  stop splitting their work.

To tell you the truth, I �m not sure of any of these. If the points are the only motivation of these users, why make a worksheet longer, and not just a page, if the amount of points they  get will be the same? If they are not worried now about the quality of their work, why would they be after the restriction of 1 ws per day? It wouldn �t necessarily stop splitting either. We can always upload the first part today and the second tomorrow.

I �m just thinking out loud... As I �ve told you I was divided. I still am. But I �m tempted  to go for the No because I do agree with victor �s principle mentioned above.

A good evening to you all.
mena

19 Feb 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

I like the website just the way it is . As a member I want to feel free to upload one or a million worksheets per day if I want.

I know its a pity about the scanned, stolen and the 100-sheet worksheet of the same thing by the same user trying to get points. We should try to do something about the quality of the worksheets.

One thing we can do is to comment on the worksheets reporting it stolen, and reading the comments before downloading them as well.

I love the 30 free downloads of the new contributions...I dont think the old worksheets are useless, because we still have points and a search bar for us to look up the topic we need and get the propper worksheet.

"One thing I suggest though, and this is a little off topic, we should write the propper name to our worksheets so that it makes us easier to find".

I agree in all that mena said...I couldn �t say it in a better way !!

Miss Melissa. Hug

19 Feb 2009     

eng789
Israel

I went away for a 3 day weekend last week and my hubbie wouldn �t let me take my computer with, so missed a lot of freebies.  

I was just wondering if the new uploads could come up as free twice, let �s say with a day or 2 in between.  So you get a second chance to see them.   (I don �t know if it possible.)

I also wouldn �t mind if there was a way to see the most downloaded in a certain day, because I sometimes don �t have the energy to go through all the new uploads.  It �s a lot of work,  opening them and trying to see if they are suitable and if the quality is good.

I have used tons of points looking through the archives.    But this take hours.

19 Feb 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

When I joined this community four months ago my purpose was to earn some points and to download four wss from the old contributions that I liked immensely. I didn �t know anything about free wss and they weren �t my goal. To get 30 points... seemed so impossible... When I got my first 10 points I spent them on the old contributions and I was really happy.
I think most of new members join this site because they find useful "old" wss here and they really download them as soon as they get points. And when one starts  getting more points than he/she really needs why not to spend them?
To my mind there are many people who stop creating and sharing their wss as soon as they become premium members. What can be the reason for sharing if the old wss are given for free too?

Hugs to all Hug
I �ve learned a lot from you, my friends.
Silvana

19 Feb 2009     

< Previous   1    2