Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I NEED YOUR HELP! PLEASE!    

I NEED YOUR HELP! PLEASE!

IrenFishka503
Ukraine

I NEED YOUR HELP! PLEASE!

How will it be correct
I was in the camp or I was at the camp? 
Waiting for your help! 

11 Feb 2015      

Jennings Teacher
Korea, South

How will it be correct? 
Which one is correct?  

I was at camp.  

11 Feb 2015     

Peter Hardy
Australia

We can use both, but �at � is the preferred form. I �m at school, she �s at the shops, at the gym, at the office and so on. We tend to use �in � when we mean being physically inside. He �s in the gym (inside) or he �s at the gym; She �s in the office or She �s at the office.  Occassionaly we don �t use the article, like in your example: he was at camp, I �m at school (not the school), at home. Hope this helps. Cheers, Peter 

11 Feb 2015     

gooya
Iran

I think in comes for places that have inside, the wall or roof .but camp isnt a definite place to say in.therefore at is better than in

12 Feb 2015     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

have a look at the examples here (click extra examples)

As to the article "the" with school, hospital, university etc. we use it when we mean the building, not the purpose.
E.g. He was taken to hospital (i.e. to be treated) He went to the hospital to visit his friend. 

12 Feb 2015     

enadrienne
United States

I was at camp. 

12 Feb 2015