Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with an essay topic    

Help with an essay topic

kissnetothedit
Hungary

Help with an essay topic

Dear American Friends,
My son has an assignment to write about a famous American historical figure and what impact he/she had on contemporary American society and popular culture. Would you please give me a hint about whom he should write and what influence he/she had on today �s society? Many thanks in advance.
Hugs, Edit 

20 Apr 2015      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi there!

As someone who loves history, I would suggest:

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, J.F.K, General Patton, Martin Luther King or Rosa Parks.

Two of them because they fought for human rights (Rosa Parks and Martin L. King), Roosevelt for his role - as a president during WWII - Patton for his leadership and huge impact during the WWII and JFK - also for his role as a president of The US.

Hope this helps.

Ascincoquinas 

@ edit: not sure if American citizens agree...just my opinion.

20 Apr 2015     

shvat
Israel

Also Abraham Lincoln-
He freed the slaves...(Some) People thought it was moral to have slaves before that (as in "Huckleberry Finn")

Good day
Tzvia 

20 Apr 2015     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I would choose Benjamin Franklin or Thomas Edison. Their inventions, innovations, and discoveries paved the way for modern conveniences.

20 Apr 2015