Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A word of thanks    

A word of thanks

nasreddine Sarsar
Tunisia

A word of thanks

Hi everybody, On this fabulous site, I have know three categories of people. The first category invilves professionals who exert precious efforts to come up with decent worksheets, PowerPoint presentations, or online exercises. These people actually wait for nothing in return when they post their worksheets. They just want to add spice to the learning experience, to my mind. The second category of people includes people who contribute anything just to gain points which will allow them to download what others have put a lot of time and intellect into. Altough the site regulations are clear, these people use deceptive ways to gain points that they do not reserve. Some of them are not at all considerate when they copy and paste the work of their colleagues! The third category of people engulfs those who download the work of others and do not type a word of thanks, which won �t take them two seconds! In my culture, we believe in our prophet Moahmed peace be upon him who says;" those who do not thank people do not thank God"! I want to express my profound thanks to all who tanked me for my humble work. Also I would like to thank those who are doing their best to produce something decent worth of downloading. Again, I am sorry if I hurt anyone with my remark. I mean no offense. Thanks to all of you.

25 Apr 2015      

spinney
United Kingdom

Well, just in case I fall into the third category, I �ll say an enormous thank you right here for the record.Handshake By the way, I mean it. You �ve produced some very nice worksheets.

25 Apr 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

http://www.englishforeveryone.org/Topics/Sentence-Correction.htm

Well, I rarely download wss these days, mainly because I need to cut back on photocopying costs, but also, I like to challenge myself to teach without them as a prop. Having said that, I had your last (great) ws, which was error correction and sent it to the six other English teachers in my school. I then found the above link. Coincidentally, the other ws I had recently was by spinney. I don �t always thank. I think if someone has had say, 12 or 13 �thank yous �, that �s OK. I must admit, though, it is nice to receive them! We are a great site, aren �t we?
Lynne 

25 Apr 2015     

nasreddine Sarsar
Tunisia

Spinney and cunliffe, you �re professionals in the full sense of the word. Your contributions bear clear evidence of how committed and gifted you are. I absolutely agree with you Cunliffe! We are not only professionals brought together by ESL printables, but we �re also a family I guess. Long live ESL printables! Spinney, you belong to category 1: you give and wait for no return! Just keep up the good work. Thanks for your intentional Thank You! I really appreciated it!

25 Apr 2015     

spinney
United Kingdom

Wow! Thanks for the kind words, Nasreddine. 

25 Apr 2015     

kohai
Latvia

IMO �Thank you�s are important not only for those who contribute. They do also work as ads. If one person has downloaded ws or ppt and has left a comment, e.g., �Great! Thanks!� or �Excellent ws!� everybody knows that this printable is useful and it is worth to have a look at it.
Personally I prefer good ppt to ws because we use coursebooks (Oxford, Longman.. with workbooks) at school.
I can�t find a category I could belong to, because I am not a professional, I don�t upload �anything just to gain points� (I hope so) and I usually thank people if I download... Maybe I could add one more category, let�s say,�New Chickens� for those who are still learning to fly (=to make useful ws and so on)?;)

In short, yes, nasreddine, everybody should respect others work and input, but we are teachers and our mission is to share our best without doubt even with those who never say �Thank you�...   The same as God does...

26 Apr 2015     

nasreddine Sarsar
Tunisia

I do agree with you Kohai. Thanks for your interaction brother.

26 Apr 2015