Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The quaetion about the admins    

The quaetion about the admins

Lucky_sunshine
China

The quaetion about the admins

Hello to everybody!

How can I contact the administrator to discuss my wh that was deleted because of the picture I used (took it form the yandex). 

Thank you

26 Apr 2015      

zumi
Spain

Hi Lucky Sunshine,
The administrator �s mail is in the left yellow margin of the home page, just under the link "privacy policy". Good luck in your quest, in my experience it is impossible to discuss anything about deleted ws with anybody, they just don �t answer.
But maybe your case is different.
Greetings,
Michaela 

27 Apr 2015     

douglas
United States

I don �t know about your particular worksheet, but generally if a worksheet has pictures on it that are watermarked or somehow marked with a copyright symbol they are removed. This is because you can �t publish these pictures without the written consent of the copyright owner (even if you did find it on Google, Yandex, Yahoo,etc.).

This copyright rule is often broken on sites found via large search engines, but it still doesn �t make it legal. If Victor (site admin/owner) doesn �t take actions to prevent this copyright infringement, he could be held liable, be fined, and the site could be shut down.

To prevent this from happening we have a system in place where-long-time contributors evaluate reported worksheets to determine if they are breaking the rules or not. If they are the worksheet is removed and the creator gets a system-generated email telling them so.

The "moderators" are usually really good about being fair. I suggest you check your worksheet again and remove any images with a watermark and then repost it  (if the purpose for removal was an "illegal" image). I also suggest you review the rules of the site where this is all explained in some detail.  

I know it is frustrating, but in the end it is better for all of us--otherwise we wouldn �t have this wonderful resource.

Cheers,
Douglas

27 Apr 2015     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Many members have been looking for sources of clip art that we can use in our worksheets. Here are some previous discussions that may help.

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=21473 lists some sites that other members have suggested for free clipart we can use in our printables.
I also like http://www.clipartlord.com/ because they tell the user about the copyright information.

27 Apr 2015     

Lucky_sunshine
China

@Douglas the question was that in 2011 somebody used the same picture as me in my woksheet. I took mine from yandex, cropped it and used as the starter of the worksheet.

27 Apr 2015     

douglas
United States

Sounds kind of strange, can any of the moderators that voted on this removal explain the reasoning?

28 Apr 2015     

Lucky_sunshine
China

@Douglas that is what i want to ask them!! But I don �t know whom to ask...

28 Apr 2015     

Lucky_sunshine
China

@ redcamarocruiser thank you a lot!

28 Apr 2015     

douglas
United States

anyone with over 5000 points can be/is a moderator.

28 Apr 2015